Intern: Data Analyst (Summer 2020)
The Climate Corporation’s data scientists and analysts expertly combine complex data layers (agronomic, grower, supply chain, commercial, clickstream, satellite imagery, genomics, weather) and continually investigate, experiment, and find insights that drive our mission. Combining those complex data sets with scalable technology, they support scientific research, product development, and commercial initiatives.
What You Will Do:
- Partner with stakeholders (Science, Product, Commercial) to support the execution of data-intensive projects, enable superior decision-making and analysis, and identify trends and opportunities to drive growth
- Enable timely and insightful reports, dashboards, metrics, and advanced analytics to monitor and positively impact the performance of our company
- Accelerate data science innovation and adoption (machine learning, deep learning, hierarchical modeling) using state-of-the-art frameworks and infrastructure
- Creatively incorporate data science and statistical methods to the challenges of product development, understanding how science impacts end-user behavior
- Effectively tell the story behind the data to product partners and propose recommendations to senior management
- Currently pursuing a MS or PhD in Statistics, Economics, Data Science, Physics, Computer Science, or other quantitative field
- Ability to develop and review code using standard languages and frameworks (e.g. Python, TensorFlow) and/or database languages (e.g. SQL) and visualization tools (e.g. Looker)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to execute research projects, and generate practical results and recommendations
- Background in data science or machine learning engineering
- Experience and/or interest in cloud computing platforms (e.g. AWS)
- Experience in translating business questions into appropriate statistical techniques applied to available data
- Familiarity with experiment design to statistically measure the impact of new product features and commercial campaigns
- Experience creating data pipelines
- Enjoy working in a team-oriented, multidisciplinary environment
- Passion for data and technology
What We Offer:
Our environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with a diverse set of top engineers, agronomists, and statisticians working together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
- We offer competitive pay and perks.
- We provide meals and a large assortment of snacks and drinks to get you through the day.
- You’ll get 1:1 mentoring from a talented and motivated employee on your team.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work on real projects with experienced employees and have a direct impact on the company. (Our internships are not summer camp!)
- You’ll have the amazing opportunity to participate in one of our Biotechnology Tours where you get out of the office and into the field (literally) with agents and farmers.
- You’ll work in an award winning office with smart designs, large common areas and open floor plans that fuel collaboration.
- You’ll attend various company sponsored events, activities and off-sites - we make sure interns are having fun!
- We regularly host meet-up groups and tech-talks and encourage participation in relevant workshops and conferences
- You’ll have the opportunity to interact with key executives and leadership.
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A Difference
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.