Climate is revolutionizing the agriculture industry with a platform and products that are helping the world’s farmers sustainably increase productivity with digital tools. We are leveraging Machine Learning and Big Data to build meaningful products that allow farmers to produce enough food to help feed a growing population.
Climate is looking for an analytics engineer to join the Automation and Tooling team within our Science organization. We are a growing data engineering team that builds and leverages state-of-the-art analytics systems. Our work informs decisions and direction for our business, while also impacting our products. We work cooperatively across research teams to ensure the best possible data and models are being used to help growers understand the impacts of decisions on their operations.
We are looking for an agile developer with broad experience in applied statistical or physical science research who is a creative problem solver, resourceful in getting things done, and is productive working independently or collaboratively.
What You Will Do:
- Write beautiful, robust, well-documented code.
- Engage with diverse research groups to understand their models and products and develop solutions to meet their analytics or interface needs.
- Evaluate the limitations of existing platforms and provide recommendations to address unmet needs.
- Utilize tools or infrastructure developed by Engineering and Product teams to ensure proper data architectures and computational infrastructure are available to support rapid development and testing on machine and deep learning models that create new value for our farmers.
- Collaborate with team members and across the Science organization to create high-quality, reproducible tools (like templates, packages and dashboards) that will improve model development as well as enable important results to be shared more effectively.
- Undertake written & verbal communication with stakeholders in various parts of the organization in the form of detailed documentation and presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree in data science, data analytics, science, computer science or physical sciences, or comparable work experience in agriculture/biotechnology with research experience
- A minimum of 3 years of experience is required for the following -
- Strong Python coding skills for analytics and visualizations, including experience with standard packages (numpy, pandas, matplotlib, seaborn)
- Experience with BI tools like Tableau, Spotfire and/or PowerBI
- Experience with Git and other terminal commands
- Experience with Linux and AWS or other cloud-based platforms
- Experience with oral presentation and technical writing
- Excitement to learn new topics, develop new skills and use new tools
- Experience with web services, api and database design
- Experience with Dash, Flask or other such platforms.
- Familiarity with SQL and tools like Hadoop (hive, pig, presto) and PySpark
- Experience with model platforms like Domino
- Interdisciplinary communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with application of statistics to environmental or agricultural problems
- Expertise in data interoperability and analytics
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Employees can expect to be paid a salary between $91,517 to $162,370. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission (if relevant). This salary salary range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors.
Learn more about our team and our mission:
Climate- The Technology Behind Making A Difference
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].