Climate, LLC is revolutionizing the agriculture industry with a platform and products that are helping the world’s farmers sustainably increase productivity with digital tools. We are leveraging Machine Learning and Big Data to build meaningful products that allow farmers to produce enough food to help feed a growing population.
Climate, LLC is looking for a Data Engineer to join the Data Intake & Preparation team within our Science organization. We are a growing data engineering team that builds and leverages state-of-the-art data access and alignment systems. Our work informs decisions and direction for our business, while also impacting our products. We work cooperatively across research teams to ensure the best possible data is utilized by the models being used to help growers understand the impacts of decisions on their operations.
We are looking for an agile researcher with broad experience in data asset management who is a creative problem solver, resourceful in getting things done, and is productive working independently or collaboratively.
What You Will Do:
- Write beautiful, robust, well-documented research code
- Engage with diverse research groups to understand their models and products and develop solutions to meet their data needs
- Evaluate the limitations of existing data pipelines and provide recommendations to address unmet needs.
- Utilize tools or infrastructure developed by Engineering and Product teams to ensure proper data architectures and computational infrastructure is available to support rapid development and testing.
- Collaborate with team members and across the Science organization to create high-quality, reproducible tools (like templates, packages and dashboards) that will improve data discoverability, accessibility, and utility for model development.
- Undertake written & verbal communication with stakeholders in various parts of the organization in the form of detailed documentation and presentations.
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree and +2 years of experience in data science, data analytics, science, computer science or physical sciences, or comparable work experience in agriculture/biotechnology with research experience
- Strong Python coding skills for development and visualizations with standard packages (NumPy, Pandas, Matplotlib, Seaborn), and proficient use of SQL or Spark to extract and manipulate data from Google BigQuery and/or Hadoop (Hive, Pig, Presto) databases
- Experience with Git and other terminal commands
- Experience with Linux and AWS or other cloud-based platforms
- Experience with Web Services, API and Database Design
- Familiarity with NOSQL tools like Hadoop (Hive, Pig, Presto) and PySpark
- Experience with model platforms like Domino
- Interdisciplinary communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with application of statistics to environmental or agricultural problems
- Expertise in data interoperability and analytics
- Understanding of basic Geospatial concepts and familiarity with GIS platforms
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
Climate, LLC - The Technology Behind Making A Difference
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Climate, LLC is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].