Senior Software Engineering Manager, Security & Privacy Services
Senior Engineering Manager, Security & Privacy Services
The Climate Corporation is looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to lead the Security & Privacy Services team. The team is responsible for building authentication, authorization, and other security/privacy product features and services for the next-generation digital farming platform.
Climate is modernizing the agriculture industry with products and a platform that help the world’s farmers sustainably increase their crop yields. Our backend software engineering teams collect, process, transform, and analyze vast amounts of agronomic and geospatial data. We then work with our science organization to understand how our growers can realize the full potential of their farmable land. These insights are built into meaningful products that allow farmers to increase their food production to feed our ever-growing population.
What Will You Do:
- Lead the engineering team responsible for the development of security and privacy services
- Drive the team, building technical capabilities that are used in current and future generations of Climate’s digital agriculture products
- Ensure stability of Climate’s product through robust, scalable, fault-tolerant, performant, and secure software development practices
- Act as an active source of engineering talent and work with recruiting teams to build and scale teams across the organization
- Enhance Climate’s Engineering Security through the building of tools and services
- Work with Security Engineers to implement world class security and compliance systems
- 5+ years of engineering leadership experience and demonstrated ability to help recruit, grow and lead a team of engineers
- Experience evaluating, developing, and implementing security technologies and methods for web applications
- Experience operating production-scale global systems and applications
- Proven ability to deliver successful, world-class, data-based products from concept to scale-up using Agile / Scrum or similar development/management practices
- Experience managing projects with complex dependencies, many stakeholders, and variable timelines
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Highly effective collaboration and consensus-building skills, working across cross-functional organizations
- Public cloud expertise
- Understanding of security technologies and methods as they apply in an enterprise environment
- Understanding of security fundamentals, including operating systems, networks, identity management, threats to services, cybercrime landscape, and countermeasures
- Understanding of common compliance regimes
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.