Software Engineering Manager, Mobile
Climate is modernizing the agriculture industry with a platform and products that are helping the world’s farmers sustainably increase productivity with digital tools. We build hardware, platforms, and a suite of grower-facing applications that collect and process vast amounts of agronomic data. We then deliver insights that allow farmers to improve their yield and operate in a more sustainable way.
We are looking for a highly organized individual to lead a team of experienced and talented software engineers responsible for our FieldView iOS and Android applications, which are changing the world of agriculture by helping farmers collect, visualize, and understand data from the field. You will manage technical roadmaps and projects, grow and mentor a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, and work closely with your Product Management partners to evolve our trailblazing mobile applications in scope and scale. If you are ready to lead a passionate team that is building a product with real-world impact, Climate is the place for you.
What makes a successful manager at Climate?
- Invests in People and Relationships - Someone who fosters a culture of inclusion, trust, mentorship, praise, constructive feedback and is able to continually build, develop and retain their team.
- Inspires and Sets Direction - Someone who gains buy-in by listening to the thoughts and opinions of others and creates optimism and confidence in a clear and believable way.
- Thinks Holistically - Someone who uses critical thinking and strategic planning to make well-informed decisions. They create an environment where the right approaches surface from a variety of diverse opinions and perspectives.
- Achieves Results Collaboratively - Someone that can make plans and be proactive in order to get things done. They continuously improve the effectiveness of their team by setting achievable and specific goals, regularly evaluating results, implementing improvements and holding their team accountable.
What You Will Do:
- Build, mentor, and inspire a group of high-performing iOS and Android engineers with a strong team-oriented culture.
- Guide the professional development of each direct report through performance management and coaching.
- Oversee the development, deployments, and releases of our FieldView iOS and Android applications.
- Identify, propose, and drive engineering projects that improve the performance, reliability, stability, maintainability, and extensibility of the FieldView mobile applications.
- Partner closely with Product Managers to translate strategic ideas into technical roadmaps.
- Partner across Engineering teams to develop and evolve mobile-friendly backend APIs.
- Make data-driven decisions by developing and tracking product and application KPIs.
- Learn more about the agriculture industry and the unique challenges that need to be solved to grow food sustainably.
- 2+ years building, leading, and growing diverse groups of engineers
- 5+ years of professional software development of iOS and Android Applications
- Experience with modern native mobile development tools and systems (git, Xcode, Cocoapods, Swift Package Manager, CoreData, Android Studio, Roboelectric, Mockito, Espresso, Jetpack, Room, Retrofit, AWS)
- Strong understanding of OO programming, and modern design patterns such as MVP, MVVM, and VIPER
- Experience leading multiple teams in agile development (e.g. scrum, SAFe)
- Experience leading distributed teams
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Experience with modern native mobile development tools (git, Xcode, Cocoapods, Swift Package Manager, Roboelectric, Mockito, Espresso, Jetpack, Room, Retrofit
- Experience with publishing mobile applications in the Apple App Store and Google Play
- Familiarity with CI/CD for mobile applications
- Experience with internationalization and localization
- Passionate about building scalable architectures using clean, robust, and testable code
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Climate LLC is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]