Director of Software Engineering, Data Acquisition
The Climate Corporation is modernizing the agriculture industry with a platform and products that are helping the world’s farmers sustainably increase productivity with digital tools. Our backend software engineering teams collect, process, transform, and analyze vast amounts of agronomic and geospatial data. We then work with our science organization to understand how our growers can realize the full potential of their farmable land. Our team takes these insights and builds meaningful products that allow farmers to produce enough food to feed our ever-growing population.
We are looking for an Engineering Leader to grow a team of experienced and talented engineers to build and scale data acquisition technologies that allow us to easily and cleanly ingest and process massive amounts of agronomic, customer, and partner data across the globe. Your teams will build, ship, and support the ingestion and process of data that is foundational to helping farmers increase their crop yields.
What You Will Do:
- Lead Engineering teams responsible for the development of data acquisition and management
- Lead building reusable technical capabilities to power current and future generations of Climate digital agriculture products
- Ensure stability of Climate’s product through robust, scalable, fault-tolerant, performant, and secure software development practices
- Act as an active source of engineering talent and work with recruiting teams to build and scale teams across the organization
- 5+ years of engineering leadership experience and demonstrated ability to help recruit, grow and lead a team of engineers
- Experience creating, scaling and operating one or more data acquisition technologies, ranging from web and mobile applications to embedded devices
- Experience operating production-scale global systems and applications
- Proven ability to deliver successful, world-class, data-based products from concept to scale-up using Agile / Scrum or similar development/management practices
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Highly effective collaboration and consensus-building skills, working across cross-functional organizations
- Public cloud expertise
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A Difference
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com