Senior Technical Program Manager, Capabilities
Technical Program Manager, Capabilities
At Climate, our mission is to help all the world’s farmers sustainably increase their productivity with digital tools that are built on top of our Digital Farming Platform and its API. The leaders who work on the platform must be able to dive into its unique agriculture and engineering challenges while understanding the big picture.
The Climate Corporation is looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager who has desire and skillset to work on both complex engineering and value proposition/strategy. Our team is seeking a person with a strong technical background, platform experience, and proven ability to lead complex engineering programs. As a TPM, you will play a key leadership role in defining and delivering Climate’s Digital Farming Capabilities. You must be a self-starter who is comfortable operating with uncertainty and knows how to create order from chaos.
What You Will Do:
- Partner with engineering leadership to build the vision, goals, metrics, roadmap, and budget for Climate’s Digital Farming Platform Capabilities.
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators to track performance and identify areas of improvement for the program. Communicate and explain analysis to executives on a regular basis.
- Work with engineering teams and architects to review proposed technical architecture and contribute as needed.
- Create and manage a delivery plan and partner with stakeholders across the organization on execution.
- Use a data driven approach to proactively identify opportunities and risks, and balance the business needs with technical constraints.
- Assess business impact, prioritize initiatives and quickly react to a fast-changing, dynamic environment
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience. Engineering degree.
- 6 years of industry experience in software development, including 3 years in Software as a Service or Platform as a Service
- 5 years of experience in Program Management and/or Product Management.
- Demonstrated ability to discover, document and satisfy the requirements of customers, partners, product managers, developers, and other platform stakeholders.
- Experience driving technical programs or products, from inception to delivery.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership.
- Experience working with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
- Effective working and partnering with executive level staff
- Ability to evangelize and represent a technical community
- 2+ years experience as an Engineering Manager
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part in and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
We hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A Difference
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.