We are seeking a highly motivated data scientist who shares our passion for innovation to join our team within the Climate Science organization. You will have the opportunity to be on the forefront of developing novel & complex integrated agronomic models for recommendations on seeds, agronomic traits, and crop protection that farmers need today. Our team has access to rich, industry-leading data sources to drive creation of predictive and prescriptive models that will shape the future of the agriculture industry.
As part of our diverse, highly dynamic group, you will work side-by-side with a team of exceptional scientists with diverse backgrounds to deliver next-generation scientific breakthroughs, while fostering your career growth and development. If you are passionate about addressing feeding a growing planet sustainably, with a direct impact on farmers, Climate LLC would love to talk to you. We work on hard problems because we love the challenge!
What You Will Do:
A Data Scientist plays a key role in delivering innovative scientific breakthroughs by applying predictive analytics, risk optimization, and statistics to integrated recommendations. You will work closely with interdisciplinary scientists, domain experts and stakeholders to predict the product performance and provide personalized prescriptions for growers while developing novel analytical models and best practices for complex data analyses.
- Explore, munge, and model large and diverse datasets
- Design and prototype models using statistical modeling, process modeling, and other techniques such as machine learning
- Implement and test algorithms and techniques relevant to achieving project objectives
- Analyze and judge the quality of data and work with the data quality team to resolve issues
- Work closely with a team of world-class scientists, engineers and mathematicians to deliver impactful scientific research
- Select the most appropriate modeling techniques and data visualization for large datasets
- Assist with high-level analysis, design, and code reviews
- PhD or MS +2 years of experience in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in applying statistical/machine learning solutions on a scalable platform to real-world applications
- Fluency in a programming language commonly used for data manipulation and computational statistics, such as Python (required) and SQL (preferred)
- Familiarity with multiple regression techniques, multivariate analysis, mixed models
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with diverse cross-functional teams
- Theoretical knowledge and practical experience with advanced statistical and machine learning analysis techniques
- Domain expertise in Agronomy, Plant Genetics, Pathology, Crop Physiology or related discipline
- Proficiency in programming computational and statistical algorithms for complex data sets
- Proven experience with good coding practices such as version control, code documentation, automated testing, and code review
- Track record demonstrating excellent command of research questions
- Knowledge and experience in farming, plant breeding or physiology, agronomy or genetics
- Proven experience using multiple forms of AI such as machine learning, deep learning, tensor flow, neural networks or predictive analytics to drive decisions using new algorithms efficiently and rigorously
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Employees can expect to be paid a salary between $119,573 to $197,407. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission (if relevant). This salary salary range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors.
Learn more about our team and our mission: Climate LLC — The Technology Behind Making A Difference https://youtu.be/c5TgbpE9UBI or visit https://climate.com/careers
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Climate LLC is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].