Climate Data Governance and Security Lead
Climate Data Governance and Security Lead
The Data Governance and Security Lead will represent the Climate Security Office when collaborating with Engineering, Data Analytics, HR, Legal, and other applicable functions to conduct data risk assessments and help build our data governance model and programs.
The Lead will work closely and partner with the Office of the Chief Technology Officer to work on strategic data architecture and information lifecycle management. Initial target opportunities include Privacy Data and developing a map of our most important information. The successful Data Governance and Security Lead candidate will be instrumental in helping Climate identify and manage Climate’s most important information to ensure our current business success and future growth.
What you will do:
The Data Governance and Security Lead will maintain, evolve and implement data governance policies and procedures in coordination with appropriate members of the organization, especially People Operations, Legal, Climate Security Office, Information Technology, Engineering, Data Analytics, and other applicable business functions and departments. The Lead will ensure that business units, functional teams and third parties follow Climate’s data governance program, meet data-policy requirements, address data-compliance concerns, and ensure the overall security of our data. Collaboration with and assisting business units and functional teams to develop corrective action plans for identified data-compliance issues will be an important part of this role. The Lead will also serve as the internal advisor to the IT function and the Climate Security Office to interpret data-policy related questions.
The Data Governance and Security Lead role reports to Climate’s Chief Information Security Officer and works closely with their counterparts in our parent companies (Bayer Crop Science and Bayer AG).
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, law, finance, accounting, computer science or a related discipline is required.
- A combination of a legal or business degree with a technical or computer science degree (or equivalent experience).
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) certification and/or other applicable industry certifications.
- Ten plus years of experience in privacy, data protection, security, risk management or compliance.
- Working knowledge of state, federal and international privacy laws, regulations and industry best practices.
- Experience in auditing frameworks and international standards, such as ISO 27001, PCI DSS, BS 10012, SAS 70, COBIT and ITIL.
- Knowledge of U.S. laws and regulations, such as HIPAA, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and U.S. state breach notification laws. Knowledge of the EU General Data Protection Regulation, the EU ePrivacy Directive and their national implementations.
- Familiarity or experience with cloud computing, online services, Web applications and enterprise applications.
- Ability to understand business process flows and to provide recommendations for operationalizing compliance requirements.
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills. Exceptional business judgment, with the ability to think strategically and give practical advice by balancing business needs with data-management risks.
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A Difference