Climate Activation Manager
The Climate Advisory Services Team (CAST) is seeking individuals for the role of Climate Activation Manager (CAM) in South Dakota. The CAM will be responsible for the activation and engagement of Climate FieldView accounts across the US Bayer sales regions.
The Climate Corporation aims to help farmers around the world increase productivity through digital tools. The company's proprietary technology platform enables farmers, dealers and partners to simply collect all your data in once place for insights using FieldView Plus and Drive products. Climate Advisory Services in seed, fertility and crop protection products branded Climate FieldView Pro further help farmers improve their yield potential & reduce risk through more real-time agronomic insight and business planning tools. Climate integrates data connectivity in-cab using proprietary FieldView Drive technology, as well as via broad industry partnerships. Climate is wholly owned by Bayer Crop Science.
The CAM will lead daily activation of Climate FieldView accounts by managing Climate Activation Specialists aligned with key dealers and Bayer brand segments. CAMs will also be a key resource as experts on the Climate FieldView product and platform partners. Customer activation will be focused on necessary equipment connectivity and data layers essential to achieve value from FieldView Plus, FieldView Drive and Pro Solutions (seed, fertility, crop protection).
What You Will Do:
- Drive Climate FieldView user activation and engagement across the Bayer regions.
- Recruit, hire and manage Climate Activation Specialists (CASs).
- Develop and steer the annual business planning process including data streaming objectives in coordination with CBMs.
- Coordinate with CBMs (Climate Business Managers) to drive FieldView connectivity of Bayer Seed and CPP footprint, maximizing utilization of CASs.
- Collaborate effectively with Global Operations Team to ensure CASs have necessary tools to activate and engage customers.
- Work in partnership across the Bayer Commercial Leads including Regional Business Leads (RBLs), Area Business Managers (ABMs) and Regional Account Managers (RAMs) as the account activation lead aligned with specific sales regions.
- Collaborate extensively across Bayer field sales regions and teams, fostering close relationships and networks with Area Business Managers (ABMs) and marketing teams across Bayer brands.
- Build close relationships with partner sales organizations and certified dealers and help these dealers become experts and advocates of Climate FIeldView, Plus, Drive and Pro. These roles are field based and will be focused on developing relationships and believability with dealers and farmers on these market leading technologies.
- Drive the business strategy with partner sales organizations; establish acre penetration, farmer adoption, active use and retention rates.
- Ability to represent the Climate strategy and product portfolio as the ultimate expert in the marketplace.
- Ensure CAS teams have a strong relationship with sales teams and dealers to ensure warm handoff of farmer leads ready for activation.
- Bachelor's degree (preferable in Agri-Business, Ag-Economics, Agronomy or Ag-Sciences) and 5 or more years of experience or 10 years of experience with no degree.
- Knowledge of the Ag supply chain, including key customer segments and Bayer product portfolio.
- Experience assessing, developing, training and expanding channels (e.g., retailers, dealers) to reach end users (e.g., growers).
- Experience managing and developing people. Ability to direct daily activities of Climate Activation Specialists (CASs) and influence and motivate business partners and sales channels; strong work ethic, high sense of urgency, resilient and process driven.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including experience and proficiency in leading small and large group presentations.
- Strong analytical skills needed to closely target and track farmer activation thru CASs.
- Demonstrated track record of meeting or exceeding aggressive growth targets with new product launches.
- Ability to master value based selling and effectively develop, demonstrate and communicate unique value propositions for a market changing service.
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A Difference
https://youtu.be/c5TgbpE9UBI or visit https://climate.com/careers
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.