New Business Model In Silico Process Owner
The New Business Model (NBM) In Silico Process Owner supports Digital Farming Solutions (DFS) Incubator teams with strategic and process oversight and governance of the NBM In Silico experimentation testing efforts. The In Silico Experimentation process brings diverse teams together to explore and quantify new business models for the value, market opportunities, innovative concepts and corresponding modeling efforts and impacts from science/agronomic, marketing and financial aspects for success. As the effort progresses in-house, this lead is responsible for stabilizing, managing, continuously improving and communicating ongoing In Silico process status and the evolving value to the DFS organization. Additionally, the lead is responsible for designing and implementing a globalization strategy for In Silico experiments, including regional business adaptation, alignment, and socialization of the In-Silico process with leadership and key stakeholders. The role serves as a key leader, driving connectivity and understanding across various regional venture leads, In Silico experiment lead, DFS Engineering organization, DFS Science organization, DFS Product organization, and BCS Decision Sciences. The role will partner with the In Silico Experiment lead to drive development of experimentation process, align and prioritize business questions, communicate outcomes across organizations, translate learnings, and standardize the In Silico process from regional to global.
What You Will Do:
- Levering business acumen and experience, provide thought leadership for what and how the ventures’ new business concepts can be pressure-tested in simulated experiments.
- Employ strong business acumen and comprehension skills to understand the key questions from business partners; facilitate broader understanding of question and impact across the core team, driving prioritization.
- Collaborate, optimize, refine, and standardize the In Silico processes to support and accelerate business assumptions into testable hypotheses. Identify gaps and opportunities for improvement with regional in silico process. Work with In Silico Experimentation Lead to establish solutions and develop tools, including identification of automation/scaling opportunities.
- Globalize in silico testing process: design the expansion strategy for In Silico, adapting process to regional needs for successful implementation and execution of experiments and processes across global Ventures. Leverage learnings from regional (e.g., North America) in silico experience, for accelerated and optimal global rollout. Lead global implementation.
- Serve as a resource to leadership, advising on how best to leverage In Silico Experimentation for Global Success for DFS and Bayer in partnership with In Silico Experimentation Lead.
- In partnership with In Silico Experimentation Lead, serve as a liaison between business and technical teams. Communicate complex technical results in a meaningful way to a commercial/business audience; facilitate understanding of agribusiness and commercial needs to technical stakeholders, driving for practical significance and actionability of results.
- Navigate a changing organizational landscape; identify key stakeholders and forums for stabilization and greatest impact for the In Silico process and the overall success of New Business models.
- Bachelor’s degree +8 years' experience in a relevant discipline
- Experience and strong knowledge of agribusiness, complex programs, innovation, and Agile methodology
- Experience translating and communicating business requirements into data-based analysis and understanding their financial/business implications
- Ability to translate complex technical analyses, methods and significance to non-technical audiences internally and externally
- Experience leading and facilitating cross-functional teams from collaboration to delivery. Ability to build relationships quickly and drive challenging discussions forward while maintaining a positive team culture.
- Ability to sift through/distill down complex topics and identify key gaps, questions, and limiting factors to help drive new business models forward successfully.
- Experience with cross functional process design, optimization, management and scaling.
- Masters +5 years or PhD +3 years in a relevant discipline
- Demonstrated ability to influence, develop, and implement innovative, unique solutions
- Quick learner, customer focused, and excellent communicator
- Experience and strong business knowledge of digital agribusiness, new business models and/or assessing market potential and risks.
- Experience driving design and implementation of a regional process to a global scale.
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Climate, LLC is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].