Lead Solutions Architect
Lead Solutions Architect
Climate is revolutionizing the agriculture industry with a platform and product that are helping the world’s farmers sustainably increase productivity with digital tools. The Solutions Architect plays a crucial strategic role for driving the future state architectural vision for near and long term needs for Science and Research Data Engineering (RDE). They are responsible for identifying key industry trends and providing thought leadership and best practices that benefit the broader Climate organization. With a keen eye for architecture, strategy, and building consensus among disparate teams, the Solutions architect acts as a key conduit for aligning long-term strategy with high-value, agile delivery.
The Solutions Architect will additionally hold accountability for Science to scope, plan, and deliver prioritized infrastructure projects. The Solutions Architect will coordinate with Science stakeholders to define concrete requirements for Research Data Engineering (RDE) initiatives and work alongside Portfolio Ops to obtain alignment and drive delivery from our Engineering partners.
What You Will Do:
- Ownership and delivery of Science’s future-state strategic and architectural vision, working to define, align, and contextualize key initiatives in relation to the broader organization.
- Acting as a liaison between leadership and diverse teams to propel Science’s strategic vision forward while maintaining alignment between stakeholders.
- Working closely with Portfolio Ops to prioritize and plan delivery of proposed initiatives, collaborating to decompose stories, identify triage candidates where necessary, and review requirements with accountable/impacted teams to orchestrate successful delivery.
- Responsible for upkeep, review, and operation of Research Data Engineering’s work intake process.
- Key responsibilities include:
- Completing review and requirements gathering for candidate initiatives proposed by teams and identifying key risks and impacts.
- Orchestrating with teams to identify up/downstream dependencies, align on project success metrics and create a delivery strategy/timeline.
- Decomposition of candidate initiatives and capture of individual epics/stories/subtasks in Jira. Subsequent prioritization and assignment of stories to appropriate team(s).
- Facilitating weekly triage meetings to identify and strategize delivery of work items that require accelerated intervention.
- Attending weekly meetings with teams and leaders across Research Data Engineering, Engineering, and Modeling to review progress of key initiatives, and act as a technical and strategic advisor where applicable.
- Creating and updating one-pagers and architecture documents and diagrams as systems evolve and change with completion of work initiatives. Ensuring knowledge-shared artifacts are updated and easily accessible across teams.
- Masters + 6 years of experience or Bachelors + 8 years of experience with an excellent background of software architecture design and strategy with a fluent understanding of unique challenges presented by deploying data science and machine learning assets to live production systems.
- Proven experience facilitating strategic alignment between diverse teams to successfully deliver complex, cross-cutting initiatives to relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of Cloud Services (AWS, Azure, GCP), Data Warehouse and Data Lake Architectures with relevant comprehension of the ingestion of multiple types of data.
- Advanced knowledge and experience working with MLOps and Data Science pipelines, Gitlab CI/CD and version control, and continuous orchestration and containerized deployment frameworks (Kubernetes, Docker).
- Possess excellent prioritization, contextualization, and interpersonal skills with a strategic reflective thinking mindset to understand the impacts, limitations, and dependencies of our data.
- Experience with Python, R, and JVM languages (Java, Scala) with Data Science and Machine Learning libraries: Scikit-Learn, TensorFlow, and PyTorch.
- Experience working with Geospatial Data, Libraries, and Technology for dependencies.
- Technical depth and experience with modeling may be beneficial to help facilitate and coalesce business and technical requirements into a specific plan of action to the various Science and Engineering teams that are accountable to delivering and implementing functionality
- Strong experience in data science lifecycle management with an appreciation from the initial data artifact into a completed model.
- Strong experience with Code Review and Optimization to work with automation and tooling teams.
- Experience with Domino Labs, AWS Sagemaker, JupyterLabs, and Vertex AI
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Employees can expect to be paid a salary between $137,338 to $214,474. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission (if relevant). This salary salary range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors.
Learn more about our team and our mission:
Climate LLC - The Technology Behind Making a Difference
https://youtu.be/_6DOwEjRI2o or visithttps://climate.com/careers
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Climate LLC is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].