Intern: Security Engineer
At Climate, our mission is to use technologies to enhance the sustainability and security of our global food value chain. Using field-verified data science models, Climate is shaping the future of sustainable agriculture across 180 million acres worldwide and counting. As the digital farming arm of Bayer Crop Science, we have the benefits and resources of an established organization while offering employees the opportunity to deliver significant individual impact alongside some of the brightest minds in life sciences.
Grounded in our vision, ‘Health for all, Hunger for none’, our diverse team spends their days solving the world's most pressing challenges through sheer curiosity and dedication. In our learning-oriented and flexible environment, you can find us collaborating in a hybrid model that mixes on-site and remote work.
Our LIFE values—leadership, integrity, flexibility, and efficiency—and our unique focus on health and nutrition demand that we create value for all stakeholders—today, tomorrow, and for generations to come. If you’re hungry to build a meaningful career helping empower farmers with sustainable digital farming systems, keep reading!
Climate is modernizing the agriculture industry with digital tools that help the world’s farmers sustainably increase their crop yields. We are looking for a student who is passionate to pursue a career in security engineering. This student will join our product security engineering team to help enhance our security solutions. You will use your background and skills in security, software architecture, design, development, testing, and communication to help us deliver our groundbreaking Digital Agriculture platform.
The product security team is responsible for reviewing, recommending and enhancing security solutions across engineering disciplines. You will be involved with driving the integration of security controls into Climate’s applications and cloud services platform by applying your security and software engineering expertise while learning a variety of software and product security assessment techniques.
Contribute and collaborate with other Information Security team members across the broad spectrum of information security programs, such as Threat & Vulnerability Management, Security Incident Response, Governance, and Compliance.
What You'll Do:
- Act as a member of the Information Security management team to shape the direction of the program and prioritize work activities of the Security Engineering teams
- Automate security controls to reduce our attack surface, proactively seek out vulnerabilities, and decrease response and recovery times
- Optimize security tool deployments and help introduce scalable processes across IT and Security Engineering capabilities
- Collaborate with product, design, data analytics, and engineering to understand the requirements that leverage the next generation of industry-leading data analytics technologies
- Work with engineers to Motivate and provide tools so they can with confidence to create simple and secure solutions to complex problems.
- Oversee and guide the completion of security control deployments run by the Security Engineering team
- Discuss security topics with technical and non-technical people
What You'll Need
- Enrolled in an accredited Bachelors degree program with Junior standing or above
- Knowledge of a programming or scripting language
- Knowledge of software engineering or server-side Internet technologies
Nice to Haves
- Interest or experience in security engineering and technical security program
- Internship or personal project experience solving real-life problems
- Intellectual drive to learn anything
- Great debugging and reasoning skills
- A desire to work on hard problems
What We Offer:
Our environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with a diverse set of top engineers, agronomists, and statisticians working together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
- We offer competitive pay and perks.
- We provide meals and a large assortment of snacks and drinks to get you through the day
- You’ll get 1:1 mentoring from a talented and motivated employee on your team
- You’ll have the opportunity to work on real projects with experienced employees and have a direct impact on the company (Our internships are not summer camp!)
- You’ll work in an award winning office with smart designs, large common areas and open floor plans that fuel collaboration.
- You’ll attend various company sponsored events, activities and off-sites - we make sure interns are having fun!
- We regularly host meet-up groups and tech-talks and encourage participation in relevant workshops
- You’ll have the opportunity to interact with key executives and leadership
- Pay Transparency: The base pay range for this position is: $50 - $53/hour based on degree level.
Belonging and Accommodations
At Climate, we strive to create inclusive experiences for candidates and employees alike in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented. If this role sounds exciting to you but your experience doesn’t perfectly align with the job description, we still encourage you to apply.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we actively pursue ways to celebrate our differences and don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, contact us at [email protected].
Learn more about our team and mission: https://climate.com/careers