Senior Director, FarmRise (Global Small Holder Market)
Working with the VP of Product, the Senior Director of Product for FarmRise is a key leader tasked to achieve business-critical objectives relating to the development and operation of our global smallholder farming platform, FarmRise. The Senior Director of Product for FarmRise will define the delivery strategy including team structure, third party vendors, project management processes and budgets. This position has overall responsibility for feature development, release management, and the production management of the live FarmRise platform. In addition, the Senior Director of Product for FarmRise will work with Bayer’s Strategy, Business development and Commercial partners to commercialize the FarmRise product globally.
- Oversee production for the FarmRise platform throughout the feature development life-cycle and live-operations.
- Contribute to KPI development and execute on delivery in collaboration with Vice President of Product.
- Partners with the VP and Bayer Digital/IT leadership to establish and maintain long term business strategy.
- Partners with the APAC Regional Business Strategy team and Digital/IT BP team to define digital platform capability needed to support traditional Bayer business growth across the Global Small Holder market.
- Establish processes and controls to manage cost, quality, and schedule across the FarmRise platform.
- Liaise with key business partners including Finance, Legal, Marketing, Commercial, Strategy, Customer Service, and HR, bringing these groups together as needed to solve problems across multiple departments.
- Assess and improve team productivity, developing, maintaining and executing plans for continuous improvement. Develop processes that reliably provide transparency and effective risk mitigation.
- Working with the VP, manage and optimize costs to maintain target contribution margin for Farmrise. Collaborate with VP of Product and Finance to create accurate forecasts and tracking mechanisms.
- Creatively leverage vendors as appropriate to support delivery of the Farmrise Platform strategy.
- Partner with recruitment to establish and maintain the hiring plan, actively supporting the recruitment process.
- Partner with VP on FarmRise culture and leadership, the development and coaching of talent, and team-health.
- As needed communicate operational plans, progress, risks and issues at all levels of the company, adapting communication style to suit each audience.
- Deep knowledge of Production / Project Management gained in a fast-paced complex software development environment.
- Experience with large (tens of millions of users) mobile application user bases.
- Proven track record of developing features which drive adoption, retention, and collaboration.
- A passion for people and process – a deep-rooted desire to improve the effectiveness, efficiency and quality of software development.
- Strong leadership skills; ability to influence and challenge a variety of stakeholders.
- A well-rounded manager with proven ability to lead, inspire and support passionate teams.
- Extensive experience of managing medium to large sized teams (50+ people).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and a communication style readily adaptable for all levels of the organisation.
- Adept at facilitating teams arrive at creative solutions to complex problems.
- Authentic interpersonal style with confident conflict resolution skills.
- Collaborative style and ability to influence without authority
- Solid understanding of the disciplines that create games, or similar collaborative user experiences: Production; Programming, Art; Design; Product Management; Data Science; Marketing; CS; Social
- Deep experience with and understanding of virtual economies, gamification, and viral adoption.
- Mobile and/or free-to-play games industry knowledge and experience.
- Understanding of product management and free-to-play audience acquisition, retention and monetisation.
- A leader in the project management / production community and industry at large.
- Formal project management certification in Agile, Scrum or equivalent frameworks.