Backend Engineer, Multiple Levels
The Climate Corporation is looking for a talented and motivated backend engineer to contribute to our mission of helping the world’s farmers sustainably increase productivity through digital tools. As a senior technical engineer, you will be a strong contributor to a team chartered with building services that store and serve the data that is essential to our internal and external clients. You will play a key role in the design and technical stewardship of existing and next-generation large scale storage and retrieval systems. If you are a skilled, creative, collaborative software engineer who wants to have a positive impact on the world, we would love to talk to you about a role here at The Climate Corporation.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in computer science or a related field or 4+ years of equivalent experience
- Software engineering work experience using a functional or object oriented language
- Experience building scalable backend services (REST APIs, microservices, designing and implementing efficient data processing algorithms, messaging paradigms, middleware, persistent store)
- Experience working with distributed platforms such as Hadoop, Flink, Spark, Kafka etc.
- Experience working with AWS or other public Cloud platforms
- Solid knowledge of software development methodologies and best practices
- At least 4 years experience in production with deployment in large cloud-based distributed environments
- At least 4 years experience in production working with distributed platforms such as Flink, AWS Kinesis, Spark, Kafka etc.
- Knowledge of functional programming (Strong Plus)
- Experience with dynamic language (Python) (Desired)
- Experience with compiled JVM language (Java, Scala) (Strong Plus)
- Experience building robust backend services and REST APIs
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases and persistence store
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, RDS, SQS, etc.) (Strong Plus)
- Experience with messaging paradigms and middleware. (SQS, JMS etc)
- Proficiency with version control systems, such as Git and automated CICD systems
- Experience with open source schedulers (Airflow, Oozie etc)
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud architecture
- Experience with Docker, ECS, or similar container architecture
- Experience with AWS SageMaker or similar modeling infrastructure
- Experience with TensorFlow or similar ML/AI packages
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hack-a-thons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A Difference
https://youtu.be/c5TgbpE9UBI or visit https://climate.com/careers
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].