Data Scientist, Causal Inference
We are seeking an exceptional candidate in data science who shares our passion for innovation to join our team within the Climate Science organization. You will have the opportunity to be at the forefront of developing integrated agronomic models for recommendations on seeds, agronomic traits, and crop protection that farmers need today. Our team has access to rich, industry-leading data sources to drive the creation of predictive and prescriptive models that will shape the future of agriculture.
As part of our diverse, highly dynamic group, you will work side-by-side with a team of exceptional scientists with diverse backgrounds to deliver next-generation scientific breakthroughs, while fostering your career growth and development. If you are passionate about feeding a growing planet sustainably, with a direct impact on farmers, Climate LLC would love to talk to you. We work on hard problems because we love the challenge!
What You Will Do:
As a data scientist in causal inference, you will play a key role in building models with observational data streaming directly from our customers’ farm equipment. These models will be used to help growers make the best decisions for their fields. You will work closely with interdisciplinary scientists, domain experts, and stakeholders to predict product performance and provide personalized prescriptions for growers. These models require rigorous statistical frameworks, so we are looking for someone with a strong background in causal inference and observational studies who is excited about applying these techniques to agriculture.
- Develop causal inference models to drive agricultural recommendations for our growers
- Communicate the results of these models to multiple stakeholders from diverse backgrounds, and recommend the next steps
- Love embracing some ambiguity and testing ideas by building
- Lead casual inference discussions from the early exploration to deciding on a concrete path forward on modeling
- Work closely with a team of world-class scientists, engineers, and mathematicians to deliver impactful scientific research
- Select the most appropriate modeling techniques and data visualization for large datasets
- Assist with high-level analysis, design, and code reviews
- Help drive the direction of research across multiple programs
- Ph.D. OR MS +2 years of experience in Statistics, Biostatistics, Econometrics, or related field with a strong foundational experience with observational studies and causal inference: methodological research and/or applied experience.
- Applied experience estimating causal effects from observational data.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in applying statistical/machine learning solutions on a scalable platform to real-world applications
- Advanced statistical computing experience in R or Python (preferred).
- Expertise (through research and/or applied work) in any of the following areas is a plus:
- causal interaction/mediation analysis
- graphical models/structural causal models
- causal inference analysis on very large data sets
- synthetic controls
- propensity score modeling
- Proven experience with good coding practices such as version control, code documentation, automated testing, cloud computing, and code review
- Track record of successfully applying casual inferencing techniques towards model, hypothesis testing and data validation
- Knowledge and experience in farming, plant breeding or physiology, agronomy, or genetics
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
Climate, LLC - The Technology Behind Making A Difference
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Climate, LLC is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].