Intern: Product, Weather (Summer 2020)
The Climate Corporation seeks an Intern on the Product Management team to own research, discovery, and oversee the design and development of new weather features. The APM Intern will report to the Weather Product Manager and will work closely with the Weather and Remote Sensing Group Product Manager, the Design, Weather Science, and Engineering teams. In this role, you will be responsible for channeling the voice of the customer into product requirements. If you are someone that is passionate about innovation and excited about being a key contributor to building a sustainable business, The Climate Corporation would love to talk to you!
What You Will Do:
- Research and analyze the competitive landscape of agricultural weather products
- Work across product and design teams to develop concept visualizations
- Work with Product Marketing and User Research teams to assess product concept value
- Meet with customers to administer surveys and test product concepts
- Synthesize survey and testing results into reports and presentations to be shared with the wider organization
- Feed into the product roadmap and the voice of the customer. Author user stories and build lightweight prototypes to define product requirements
- Masters student OR Undergraduate in 2nd or 3rd year; studies in agriculture, earth sciences, atmospheric science or similar technical or business administration program
- Strong strategic and analytical thinking skills. Show us how you use data to make the right decisions. Ability to dive into data by writing your own queries, or willing to learn.
- Excellent communicator and storyteller who can quickly get up to speed on our customers and develop concise and compelling materials for them.
- High attention to detail and ability to manage complex projects ensuring that high level goals are met and the nitty gritty details are correct.
- Experiencing diving deep on data analytics. Extra credit: SQL, and/or experience using usage analytics to improve customer journey process.
- Excellent Product / UX intuition. Show us what you have built and how it has made a positive impact on your users' experience.
- Passionate about agriculture and new technologies in the agriculture space
- Familiarity with weather data, weather driven product concepts and their applications in agriculture
- Ability to stay focused and execute in a fast paced environment with lots of change, and identify problems and solutions on your own.
- Deep interest in creating and analyzing products