Principal Engineer, Partner API Platform Architecture
Principal Engineer, Climate FieldView PlatformPosition Overview
The Climate Corporation is modernizing the agriculture industry with a platform and products that help the world’s farmers sustainably increase productivity with digital tools. We collect, process, and analyze vast amounts of agronomic data using our Fieldview Platform and suite of applications and connected devices to help our growers realize the full potential of their farmable land.
As a senior technical leader in our Fieldview engineering organization, you will guide the architecture and design of the Climate FieldView Platform. You will be accountable for the design, technical stewardship of existing and next-generation APIs and Platform Services. You will drive the platform architecture that facilitates the sharing of quality farm data with our platform partners.
What You Will Do
- Set the technical direction and evolution of the Climate Fieldview Platform
- Collaborate with strategy, product, and engineering to create the most powerful platform for the agriculture industry
- Partner with strategy, product, and engineering to establish and steward a multi-year Platform roadmap
- Design & Develop Platform APIs to share and ingest agronomic data and insights
- Partner with other architects and technical leads to collaborate, design, and validate appropriate solutions and institute appropriate governance mechanisms
- Participate in discussions with key platform partners and use your knowledge of their needs and the industry to influence our business and technical roadmap
- Represent Climate and make presentations at Meetups, User Groups, and Conferences
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of hands-on experience designing and implementing Platform and API services (e.g. REST or GraphQL)
- Demonstrated experience writing architectural requirements and systems design documents
- Expert level experience with multiple API design approaches and best practices
- Expert level experience with applying security best practices to API Platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to engineering and non-engineering audiences
- Documented and demonstrable experience in technical leadership roles leading platform and API teams
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com