Geospatial Data Engineer
We are looking for a highly motivated Geospatial Data Engineer with applied experience with Machine Learning to join our team Data Insights Geospatial and Remote Sensing Science group within the Climate Science organization. You will work with a team of highly experienced remote sensing, AI and geospatial data scientists to build large-scale processing pipelines that applies geospatial datasets and computing power towards complex applications, while fostering your career growth and development. Your work is a critical horizontal capability that builds upon existing analysis ready data processing capabilities and accelerates science innovation at scale for multiple project directions.
What You Will Do:
- Implement scalable data-intensive processing pipelines that applies geospatial data to ML/DL models
- Create and maintain Python packages for reusability and scalability of processing pipelines
- Work with massive and complex geospatial datasets in a scientifically robust manner focusing on data provenance, quality, traceability, and error propagation to generate geo-consistent Analysis Ready Datasets
- Actively support the team in the design, implementation and deployment of innovative and effective solutions to datacubes generation and modelling pipelines
- Transition exploratory research into scalable processing pipelines for further development
- Collaborate with engineering teams (internal stakeholders and external partners) working with geospatial platforms to implement models and algorithms at scale for production
- Produce high quality code and advocate for coding standards with an emphasis on software craftsmanship
- Master’s degree or above in computer science, or related technical field (e.g. Data Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Information Management) or Bachelor's degree in related field with 2 years of experience
- Minimum of 1 year experience understanding, processing, and munging geospatial data
- Proficient and experienced in creating packages/scripts either using Python, Shell, etc., for performing data cleaning, analysis, and modeling tasks by maintaining the code base using GitHub, git
- Experience in writing complex queries either in SQL, NoSQL and Big Query to perform ETL on datasets
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working with cloud-based environment/infrastructure (AWS) and/or distributed computing environment such as Spark etc
- Experience in designing unit test cases and implementation of them using testing libraries or test suites such as Py Test, JUnit etc
- Experience in stats/ML model training, validation, data collection and/or working with geospatial data
- Knowledge of remote sensing and geospatial data sources, characteristics, and methods Experience or familiarity of raster and vector geospatial data format, experience with QGIS
- Experience working with and contributing to the open source software community for geospatial software and analysis
- One or more years of experience in applying machine learning solutions on a scalable platform to real-world applications
- Familiarity with agricultural and crop management systems
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Employees can expect to be paid a salary between $91,517 to $162,370. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission (if relevant). This salary salary range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors.
Learn more about our team and our mission:
Climate LLC - The Technology Behind Making A Difference
https://youtu.be/_6DOwEjRI2o or visithttps://climate.com/careers
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Climate LLC is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].