Senior Data Analyst - Data Models & Capabilities
The Climate Corporation’s mission is to help the world’s farmers sustainably increase their productivity with digital tools. The Data and Analytics team is focused on creating competitive advantage for Climate and our customers through novel data infrastructure, metrics, insights and data services. We are a small but rapidly growing analysis and engineering team that builds and leverages state-of-the-art analytics systems. Our work informs decisions and direction for our business, while also impacting our products.
Data Analysts are part of a core team that drives strategic decision making throughout the company. As a member of the team, your primary responsibility will be to work with stakeholders across Climate to develop, evangelize, and enable data driven decision making. This includes exploratory data analysis, metrics identification and report creation, and use of data science/machine learning.
This role will broadly influence the company’s products, operational effectiveness, and elevate the role of data as an asset to the business. We are looking for a candidate with a passion for data analysis and impact who has a demonstrated knowledge of SQL, data models, business intelligence tools, analytics as well as strong communication, organization, and teamwork skills.
What You Will Do:
- Partner with internal Climate teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Be a key member in a team of engineers, analysts, and data scientists in charge of developing new insights and analyses that inform decisions and help us continue to delight the people using our platform
- Assist in the design and adoption of best practices and standards around data capabilities
- Identify opportunities for improvements and processes and propose recommendations to management that align with our capabilities roadmap
- Leverage Climate data models to write efficient and performant queries, and build/extend our business intelligence metadata
- Conduct gap and requirement analyses using the agile methodology to build efficient data solutions
- Enable timely and insightful reports, dashboards, metrics, and advanced analytics to monitor and positively impact the performance of our company
- Data mining, statistical analysis and visualization of data to help understand how our FieldView product leverages internal resources
- Effectively present your findings to product partners and propose recommendations to senior management
- BA/BS, MA/MS/MBA with a focus on business, economics, statistics, math, computer science, or related quantitative discipline.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Advanced knowledge of SQL: experience using data models, and expert in writing performant queries.
- Proficiency with reporting tools like Looker, Tableau, Periscope, Microstrategy etc.
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills
- Background in data or software engineering
- Strong background in business analytics/intelligence; interest in science and data science (experience with R, Python) is a PLUS
- Ability to execute research projects, and generate practical results and recommendations.
- Enjoy working in a team-oriented, multidisciplinary environment
- Passion for data and technology
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A Differencehttps://youtu.be/c5TgbpE9UBI or visit https://climate.com/careers