Field Research Associate
The Implementation team is looking for a highly motivated individual to join the Field Research Team at the York, NE or Wentworth, SD research farm. The Field Research Associate will assist the Research Farm Lead in planning research protocols, equipment setup and maintenance, executing large scale field research activities, including: UAV imagery collection, collecting field observations, irrigation management, sample collection, and data capture and submission.
What You Will Do:
- Work with cross-functional teams to plan and execute protocols which support our overall Climate Corporation goals and objectives for corn, soybeans, wheat and other crops.
- Operate equipment such as tractors, sprayers, combines and electronic devices for data collection
- Execute research protocols in a timely and highly accurate manner with specialized field equipment designed for field-scale geo-spatially referenced planting, application and harvest data collection.
- Communicate trial outcomes and demonstrate FieldView platform to external audiences
- Use the commercially deployed Climate FieldView platform to collect trial information and observations.
- Conduct inspections, maintenance and repairs of equipment at the Climate research farms to ensure field readiness.
- Comply with site safety requirements as well as identify and implement safety improvements
- Identify opportunities to enhance research site operational efficiency and best management practices.
- 5 years of agriculture related experience including education and/or work experience
- Experience operating and maintaining commercial field equipment.
- Ability to work extended hours during peak periods throughout the growing season
- Ability to obtain required pesticide application certifications and FAA Part 107 certification.
- General computer skills and ability to work within mobile device applications
- Ability to lift 60 pounds and work in an outdoor field setting
- Bachelor's Degree in Agronomy, Precision Agriculture or other agricultural related field or 3 years of professional experience.
- Experience operating large scale field equipment with precision ag controlled operations.
- Familiarity with field testing methodologies.
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A Difference
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.