Senior Product Manager - Roadmap Planning, Market Intelligence, and Competitive Analysis
Climate is helping the world’s farmers sustainably increase their farm productivity with digital tools. We collect and process vast amounts of agronomic data to deliver insights to farmers through a suite of software products that allows them to help produce enough food to feed the ever-growing population.
In this role, you will report to the Head of Product Strategy, Roadmap Planning and Market Intelligence and be responsible for driving roadmap planning for Climate’s entire suite of products. You will also be responsible for market intelligence and competitive analysis to support the efforts of product managers across different functional focus areas to help build specific business cases.
What You Will Do:
- Develop quarterly updates of the roadmap package, working closely with product managers across the product org. Deliver roadmap updates to the broader org and also to the Climate Leadership team.
- Work with stakeholders across our Product org including UX, Bayer Crop Science, Business Strategy, Commercial, Marketing, Science, and Engineering teams to align on the roadmap package.
- Develop market analysis and competitive analysis to support the efforts of product managers across different functional focus areas to help them build specific business cases.
- Lead working groups in developing the market intelligence and competitive analysis update to support quarterly planning update.
- Work with Climate’s Market and Customer Insights team, UX team and our Market and Competitor Intelligence partners at Bayer to ensure alignment and fill any gaps between parties.
- Develop a Market Intelligence and Competitive Analysis library to help product managers tap into the insights for their MRDs and PRDs.
- Inform product leadership of any new market or competitive trends in the digital landscape.
- Attend trade shows and market events to ensure we stay informed on market threats or opportunities.
- Work with product managers to influence the strategic product roadmap based on market insights and competitive analysis.
- 5+ years of software product management experience
- 2+ years of experience with software application product development or design
- Prior experience driving roadmap planning and market & competitive analysis
- Proven track record of leading matrixed teams to produce significant, measurable results
- Experience working hands-on with engineering teams to deliver new products and features in an agile development environment
- BS in a technical field or equivalent experience
- Strong communication skills
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Ability to work with people across a variety of disciplines
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.