Climate Business Manager
The Climate Corporation aims to help farmers around the world increase productivity through digital tools. The company's proprietary technology platform enables farmers, dealers and partners to simply collect all your data in once place for insights using FieldView Plus and Drive products. Climate Advisory Services in seed, fertility and crop protection products branded Climate FieldView Pro further help farmers improve their yield potential & reduce risk through more real-time agronomic insight and business planning tools. Climate integrates data connectivity in-cab using proprietary FieldView Drive technology, as well as via broad industry partnerships. Climate is wholly owned by Bayer Crop Science.
The CBM will drive top-line sales and demand creation in tandem with commercial sales, marketing and account management. CBMs will provide program input and implementation across sales teams and execute business planning for FieldView Plus, FieldView Drive and Pro Solutions (seed, fertility, crop protection).
What You Will Do:
- Identify, activate and continually motivate all distribution channels to achieve FieldView sales goals while working closely across Bayer’s sales organization.
- Work in partnership across the Bayer Commercial Leads including Regional Business Leads (RBLs), Area Business Managers (ABMs) and Regional Account Managers (RAMs) as the go-to-market lead aligned with specific sales regions.
- Ensure Bayer sales focus for new user acquisition for Climate FieldView (Plus, Pro and full portfolio) with Dealers and DSMs.
- Provide input on sales programs and drive implementation across teams.
Facilitate Bayer sales team business plan execution and implement processes to ensure achievement of Climate business objectives throughout the year.
- Collaborate extensively across Bayer field sales regions and teams, fostering close relationships and networks with Area Business Managers (ABMs) and marketing teams across Bayer brands.
- Partner closely with internal leadership to develop proficiency within their teams in positioning, training and selling the Climate FieldView platform.
Champion the development of sales team and dealer proficiency with the FieldView platform.
- Drive the business strategy with partner sales organizations; communicate acre penetration, farmer adoption, active use and retention rates thru direct access to key Climate metrics and scorecards available in Looker.
- Bachelor's degree (preferable in Agri-Business, Ag-Economics, Agronomy or Ag-Sciences) AND/OR 5 or more years of experience with business planning in agronomy bringing new technology products/services to market.
- Ability to influence and motivate business partners and sales channels; strong work ethic, high sense of urgency, resilient and process driven.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including experience and proficiency in leading small and large group presentations.
- Effectively collaborate with executive leadership, Regional Business Leads & account management.
- Highly analytical, able to develop and share key metrics, reports and business analytics across the commercial organization.
- Demonstrated track record of meeting or exceeding aggressive growth targets with new product launches.
- Ability to master value based selling and effectively develop, demonstrate and communicate unique value propositions for an evolving market and service.
- Experience assessing, developing, training and expanding channels (e.g., retailers, dealers) to reach end users (e.g., growers).
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
https://youtu.be/c5TgbpE9UBI or visit https://climate.com/careers
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.