Senior Systems Engineer - Endpoint Engineering
The Climate Corporation is revolutionizing the agriculture industry with a platform and products that help the world’s farmers sustainably increase their productivity with digital tools.
Climate is seeking a high-performing Senior Systems Engineer to own the roadmap, development, and end-to-end management of the EndPoint Infrastructure Services (JAMF, SCCM ,& WorkSpace One). The successful candidate will report to Climate’s Corporate Infrastructure Engineering Manager and will oversee the day-to-day engineering and high-level operational tasks. As the EndPoint Engineer you will be responsible for driving the development and the implementation of the EndPoint and Mobile roadmap consolidating under WorkSpace One. If you are someone that is passionate about innovation and excited about being a key contributor to building a sustainable business, The Climate Corporation would love to talk to you!
What You Will Do:
- Drive cross-functional business and technical requirements for our global Enterprise Endpoint Environment. Own end-to-end engineering, delivery, and operationalization of end point solutions.
- Develop and implement standards & guidelines for the deployment and management of systems and software.
- Provide architectural input and engineering strategies to ensure system scalability, availability, and functionality.
- Evaluate and recommend new software platforms and services
- Monitor production environments, troubleshoot incidents (both hardware and software problems)
- Create/maintain documentation of application environments (diagrams, procedures, etc.)
- Implement changes during off hours maintenance windows
- Troubleshoot system and application issues
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Cross train team members and mentor Junior staff
- 3-5 years designing, implementing and supporting Enterprise Endpoint device management systems (macOS & Windows Platforms a must!, IOS, Android) in areas of, imaging, patch deployment, application deployment, hardening (utilizing JAMF, SCCM & Workspace One)
- 3+ years Mobile device management administration (JAMF, AirWatch - Workspace One, MobileIron, etc)
- Proficiency in 1 or more scripting with languages such as PowerShell, Bash, or Python
- 2+ years System Engineering experience with Windows Server (2012R2/2016) & Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu) or associated technology support
- 5 or more years of hands on experience working with internal and cloud based applications, and core infrastructure services including but not limited to; AD, PKI, Group Policy, SCCM, Splunk, WSUS, VMware, AWS, DHCP, Single Sign On solutions, Windows \ Linux Platforms, and maintaining enterprise solutions for a global company
- Have an understanding of networking concepts; routing, switching, subnetting, load balancing, DNS, etc.
- Can work with a globally dispersed pool of internal customer in a variety of locations
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Ability to automate normal, repetitive system administration tasks (Bash, shell, powershell scripting - preferred but not limited too)
- Ability and demonstrated talent in avoiding or minimizing business impact despite existing technical challenges
- Dedicated to utilizing excellent customer service skills
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.