Strategic Account Lead
We are seeking a Climate Strategic Account Lead (SAL) to lead business relations with our key partners including Strategic Retail Accounts (SRPs), Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and third-party FieldView platform partners including crop insurance companies. Climate FieldView provides farmers predictive power for decision insight at each critical crop stage - planning (insurance), planting, fertility, crop protection, marketing and harvest. Climate FieldView is distributed via agronomic crop input suppliers, OEMs (i.e. Agco, CNH) and other third-party dealers, now including crop insurance partners.
We are hiring an experienced account manager to deliver on the value of the current Climate FieldView suite of products with key partners thru a) data and platform connectivity, b) coordination of new product testing and introductions, and c) leadership in business operations related to engagement, new user activation, account strategy and contract management. Individuals will work closely with select dealers with a heavy North America focus to facilitate the translation of customer requirements to Climate Platform API services, understanding the technical requirements of our SRP customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings.
The Climate SAL will be the product and business expert working closely with the Climate Product & Engineering teams, along with leadership, to help ensure a successful launch and develop sustainable business platform partners including crop insurance companies. In the area of crop insurance, the SAL role will be responsible for account relationship management with Climate’s MPCI platform partners, overseeing key API connectivity milestones essential for exchange of field boundary, as-planted and harvest data. The role will also identify future strategic areas of collaboration with MPCI partners related to other insurance companies partners as well as expanded risk management offerings.
Top 3 Responsibilities:
- Develop the market – work closely with select accounts to understand market requirements to drive new users and dataflow both into FieldView as well as manage projects to design customer solutions collaborating with wider Climate Product Teams to help customers and partners architect Solutions that leverage Climate Platform APIs to derive value.
- Develop Relationships - build close relationships with leadership across select channel partners and be viewed as the expert on FieldView and digital strategy. Also partner closely with our Climate field teams and Bayer account teams to help deepen our overall relationships. Travel regularly, often with channel partners, as a core member of the Climate Advisory Services Team.
- Deliver Business Results – achieve account plans and business objectives targets annually and build the foundation to continue to scale this business into +100 million acres in the U.S. while helping share learning globally.
- Bachelor's Degree in Agriculture/Agronomy Science, Business Administration, or a related field
- 5 years of experience selling complex SaaS and agronomic service products
- Excellent knowledge of the agricultural input business, especially seed, as well as the risk management and multi-peril crop insurance domain
- Experience bringing new technology products/services to market
- Demonstrated track record of meeting or exceeding aggressive growth targets in a start-up environment
- Strong team player with the ability to inspire colleagues throughout the company; contagiously optimistic with unwavering integrity
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation skills as well as the enthusiasm and resilience to bring a new service to the Ag market
- Candid communication style that is direct & transparent; superior ability to regularly gather and communicate market developments
- History of proposing innovative ideas to capture new opportunities and solve challenging issues; strives to find the possible in the impossible; viewed as a positive change agent within the company and by our customers
- Ability to travel extensively, approximately 50% overall
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers.The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A Difference
https://youtu.be/c5TgbpE9UBI or visit https://climate.com/careers
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.