Finance Product Supply and OTC Lead
What Will You Do:
- Lead the Global Finance Product Supply function for the Climate Corporation
- Responsible for manufacturing finance and production/logistics operations as it pertains to Climate’s hardware business.
- Lead the Climate Sales and Operations Process (S&OP), monitoring changes in go-to-market strategies and macroeconomic trends that will impact software and hardware demand and inventories.
- Develop supply chain strategies, working with suppliers to ensure steady and sufficient inventory.
- Lead global packaging and product registration process – set up efficient packaging process that conforms to legal requirements across 20+countries
- Develop standard cost, monitoring and tracking cost variances to identify potential efficiencies and opportunities.
- Oversee US production (from globally sourced materials) and logistics, ensuring accurate and timely delivery of hardware commercial orders to seven distribution centers and, as needed, pre-commercial locations.
- Lead the Global Finance Order to Cash function
- Lead process to ensure timely cash collection and cash application from grower and dealer sales.
- Partner with customers, order to cash team, and sales to identify ways for efficient and clear invoicing and customer statements
- Develop revenue reconciliation from Sales Force OTC to NetSuite for financial reporting of revenue, commissions to agents and other financial implications.
- Create, document, and update accounting guidelines pertaining to software as a service and hardware products. Lead team to create revenue recognition schedules that follow guidelines and flow into the P&L.
- Partner with accounting to ensure financial reporting requirements and controls are satisfied.
- Collaborate with worldwide order to cash teams, financial analysts, treasury, and tax in the design of order to cash systems for new products and geographic expansions.
- Develop credit standards and monitoring of customer accounts. Oversee reports of account collectability and take proactive actions that insure cash collection.
- Control Balance Sheet accounts impacted by revenue collection and inventory management.
- Lead, develop, and manage a team of three direct reports and three contractors.
- Lead process development, improvement, and standardization across finance and commercial teams as product diversity increases, product subscriptions grow, and we expand into new geographies.
- Lead assessment and implementation as we bring separate systems into Climate’s financial reporting process.
- Partner throughout the business to develop ways to balance the needs for compliance with the flexibility needed in a dynamic industry.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or related field
- 10+ years of experience in finance or financial operations
- Demonstrated ability to drive process improvement and development
- Strong Customer Service Orientation
- Strong systems experience and acumen
- Strong People Management experience
- Strong US GAAP, IFRS and compliance background
- Comfortable working in environments with significant ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to work across multiple functions and lead by influencing
- Willingness to get into the details
- Some travel will be required (US and International)
- Big 4 experience
- Experience with NetSuite
- Experience with SalesForce and revStream
- Experience in SaaS industry
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A Difference
https://youtu.be/c5TgbpE9UBI or visit https://climate.com/careers
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.