Mobile Engineering Manager, iOS
Software Engineering Manager, iOS
The Climate Corporation is revolutionizing the agriculture industry with a platform and products that are helping the world’s farmers sustainably increase productivity with digital tools. We are looking for a highly organized individual to lead a team of experienced and talented software engineers responsible for the FieldView Cab app, which is changing the world of agriculture by helping farmers collect, visualize, and understand data from the field. You will also manage the corresponding roadmap and backlogs, reporting status to all stakeholders and tracking and controlling the associated projects in an effective and transparent manner following industry-standard Agile practices. If you are ready to lead a passionate team that is building a product with real-world impact, Climate is the place for you.
What You Will Do:
- Lead and inspire a talented team of engineers delivering delivering an industry-leading mobile product.
- Develop responsive, robust iOS/iPadOS applications which interface with machine data sources to collect and visualize agronomic and machine information in real-time on maps, charts, and dashboards, while also syncing data to the cloud as a key element of Climate’s data acquisition solution.
- Continuously develop and release application enhancements to the app store on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with product, design, and engineering leadership to conceptualize great tablet and phone experiences for the agriculture industry.
- Collaborate closely with other parts of the Engineering team to build end-to-end capabilities and ensure all parts of the solution work well together.
- Contribute to common internal libraries shared across various iOS applications.
- Be a part of an agile team that embraces best practices and modern tools for iOS development (Git, Jira, Jenkins, Cocoapods, Carthage).
- Interact with customers to understand the market and improve the usability of the software.
- Learn more about the agriculture industry and the key challenges that need to be solved.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of professional software development of mobile/ iOS apps.
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and listening skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Real experience building network-based mobile applications on the iOS platform, with at least one published application you’re proud of that has gone through multiple releases to the App Store.
- Strong understanding of OO programming, design patterns (e.g. MVC), data structures, and algorithms. * Experience and passion building and maintaining large-scale, global applications.
- Passionate about mobile architecture and separate areas of responsibility for UI, data storage, and network access.
- A passion for clean, robust, and testable code.
- Strong knowledge of software development methodologies and best practices.
- Experience with AWS iOS SDK ,Core Bluetooth, CoreData, Cocoapods, XCTest or GHUnit.
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hack-a-thons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A Difference
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.