Principal Cloud Architect
Are you driven to make a real-world impact while leveraging cloud infrastructure and microservices? Do you love writing code to build efficient automated tools and infrastructure to save engineer’s time? If you answered yes to these questions, we would love the chance to talk to you. We are looking for an expert DevOps/SRE/Tools architect to join our Cloud Engineering Team to help us accelerate our scientists’ and engineers’ ability to innovate.
At The Climate Corporation (TCC), the Cloud Engineering team builds tools and infrastructure that power the science and product engineering teams delivering meaningful data insights that help farmers increase their crop yields in a sustainable way. Our team’s vision is that Infrastructure Is Code, where engineers doing development can manage their cloud systems as easily. Come collaborate with us to make our teams even more effective at helping to feed an ever-growing population.
What You Will Do:
- Lead technical direction and architecture of infrastructure systems for managing our cloud environment using containers, microservices, and other cloud-based tools and technologies
- Partner with other architects and engineering leadership to collaborate, design and validate appropriate engineering solutions and proof of concepts
- Combine cloud products or services and management technologies to create reliable and scalable Cloud solutions
- Work on a global scale, with all the major Cloud hosting providers: AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.
- Proactively identify engineering team’s pain points and research potential solutions or design new solutions and guide team to the implementation
- Collaborate with program managers and leadership to drive system requirements and deliver maximum value to all engineering and science groups.
- Partner with Engineering teams to integrate security controls into continuous integration, delivery and deployment processes (baking security into the infrastructure)
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent work experience
- 12+ years experience in systems, cloud or software engineering.
- 4+ years writing architectural requirements and systems design documents
- Experience with any public cloud-based provider such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure
- Proficient in at least one programming language (e.g. Python, Java)
- Experience deploying containers and scheduling frameworks (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, ECS)
- Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, application security, and experience supporting multi-tier web application architectures
- Passion to define and influence the use of new technologies to extend business capabilities
- Proficiency in developing and deploying fully automated environments using technologies such as Cloudformation and Terraform
- Experience with distributed data platforms (e.g. DynamoDB/Aurora, Hadoop, PostGIS, ElasticSearch)
- Experience with Jenkins, GitLab or other CI tools
- Love to contribute to open-source projects
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org#LI-BW1