Job Summary: Tender Greens is seeking a Grill Cook/Carver with an epic level of positive attitude, a strong work ethic, who thrive in a fast-paced team environment and have a strong desire to learn and grow in the culinary space.
Average Earning Potential Up to $19/hr (base + tips)
AREN'T YOU INTERESTED IN EARNING UP TO $4/HR ADDITIONAL IN TIPS?
Who are we?
Tender Greens delivers inspired food, friendly service, and great value in a comfortable space. At Tender Greens we believe that everybody is equally important to our mission. Our menu reflects the best of the season and is prepared with simplicity, skill and most importantly PASSION! We challenge ourselves, and each other, to be the best.
Tender Greens delivers inspired food, friendly service and great value in a comfortable space. As a Grill Cook/ Carver, you are responsible for encompassing our goal of providing each guest with a truly wonderful experience as well as;
- Preparing all food items to order, following standard recipes and procedures within specified time limits
- Ensuring that guest’s orders are properly portioned and ready to be served
- Disinfecting and sanitizing cutting boards, worktables, grill and equipment by following all sanitation guidelines
- Restocking items that were depleted during the shift
- Reviewing status of work and follow-up actions required with the Chef
- Carrying equipment, food supplies, and utensils to and from work and storage areas
- Ensuring that foods are properly stored in containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage
- Becoming familiar with new menu items/dishes
- Ensuring complete working knowledge of the safe use of all kitchen equipment
- Performing duties in other areas of kitchen as assigned
We challenge ourselves, and each other, to be the best. Requirements for this position are;
- Minimum of 2 years’ restaurant industry experience working on the line
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Understanding professional cooking and knife handling skills
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Ability to take direction and work in a team environment
- Graduate of a culinary institute, military school or formal on-the-job training preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with guests and Team Members
- Ability to ensure safety compliance is a priority
- Food handler's card required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on restaurant needs
Why work at Tender Greens?
- We offer competitive pay + tips
- Free meals during shifts and 20% discount while off the clock
- Opportunities for development and growth
- A fun and inspiring work environment
- Must be able to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 50 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis
- Some bending/kneeling/stooping required
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to work in a hot kitchen environment