Job Summary: At Tender Greens we believe that everybody is equally important to our mission and that our Restaurant Managers are the backbone of our success!
We are seeking a Restaurant Manager with an epic level of positive attitude, strong work ethic who thrive in a fast-paced team environment and have a strong desire to continue to learn and grow.
Tender Greens delivers inspired food, friendly service and great value in a comfortable space. As a Restaurant Manager, you are responsible for encompassing our goal of providing each guest with a truly wonderful experience as well as the responsibility for assisting the Executive Chef in the overall management of daily restaurant operations and leading the team members. It is the expectation that the Restaurant Manager is fully certified or in the process of being certified in all Team Member Front of House and Back of House positions and displays a long-term commitment to growth with Tender Greens
As a Restaurant Manager, you are responsible for encompassing our goal of providing each guest with a truly outstanding experience as well as:
- Leading Team Members by:
- Guiding team members by exemplifying exceptional guest service and fostering an enthusiastic and uplifting environment
- Ensuring team members adhere to established policies and procedures
- Ensuring day to day practices related to Team Members are adhered to including initial new hire and payroll documents are completed in a timely manner, new hire training requirements within expectations and offboarding procedures completed for terminated team members.
- Reviewing the completion of members training checklist and certification using Tender Greens Training Certification Process
- Conducting daily line-ups to communicate, training and educate team members of any changes or new process, product or equipment introduced to restaurant operation
- Completing daily time edit and capture time edit signatures from employee
- Coaching, mentoring, and managing team member relations in partnership with the Executive Chef and People Services
- Ensuring all team member injuries are reported at the time of injury following Tender Greens protocols.
- Ensuring employee safety training is completed in a timely manner and safety standards are adhered to.
- Ensuring Covd-19 protocol by taking employee temperature daily, abiding to Covid-19 prevention plan, and filling out the confirmed/possible Covid-19 case questionnaire.
B. Financial Management by:
- Managing Purchase Tracker daily and ensuring operating costs are in line with budget, as well as ensuring transfers are completed in the Inventory System and captured in the Purchase Tracker.
C. Executing Operational Initiatives by:
- Following up on and resolving guest complaints either in person or by phone.
- Ensuring all guest injuries are reported at the time of injury following Tender Greens protocols.
- Supervising the opening and/or closing of the restaurant depending on schedule
- Ordering of restaurant items including IFS, Meat, Produce, Drinks, Wine & Beer, office supplies, uniforms, gift cards and menus
- Submitting and approving invoices in Plate IQ
- Submit electronic expense reports (through Concur) to Account Payable on a weekly basis.
- Submit catering orders and review upcoming orders daily.
- Ensuring that Point of Sale System (Aloha & Olo) functions are being conducted according to policy such as comps & re-opening/ reprinting checks, conducting same day refunds, and doing a system refresh.
- Completion of daily line checks, monthly walkthroughs, Hazard Checklist
- Conducting nightly notes and entering sales into the purchase tracker
- Performing other related duties as assigned or requested
Qualification Requirements for this position are:
- Bachelors/ Associates Degree in Hospitality, Restaurant Management, Culinary or equivalent education and work experience
- Minimum 3 years cooking in a high-volume restaurant preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including coaching, directing, and motivating a team
- Culinary interest with commitment to continued culinary development
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Docs
- Excellent written and verbal communication with a positive and outgoing personality
- Customer service focused and solution oriented
- Capable of delegating multiple tasks
- Must enjoy and be able to succeed in a fast-paced and high stress work environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on restaurant needs
- Ongoing current Food Safety Manager certification
Physical, cognitive, social, and environmental requirements include:
- Must be able to lift items through full range weighing up to 50 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis
- Repetitive forward bend of head/neck
- Some bending/kneeling/stooping/twisting/reaching required
- Some repetitive motion and force required
- Must be able to stand/walk for long periods of time (not all at one time)
- Must be able to work in a stationary, seated position as needed (not all at one time)
- Must be able to work in a hot kitchen environment
- Sight, speech and hearing necessary to communicate with Team Members, Vendors and Guests
- Sight and good sensation are necessary to prevent burning oneself while in the kitchen areas
- Hours: Will vary, must be available to work nights & weekends
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
1201 W 5th Street, T-400, Los Angeles, CA 90017 Page 1 of 2