Line Cook / Salad Maker
Tender Greens is seeking a Salad Maker who has a passion for food, a can-do spirit, high energy and are able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Who are we?
Tender Greens delivers inspired food, friendly service, and great value in a comfortable space. At Tender Greens we believe that everybody is equally important to our mission. Our menu reflects the best of the season and is prepared with simplicity, skill and most importantly PASSION! We challenge ourselves, and each other, to be the best.
Tender Greens delivers inspired food, friendly service and great value in a comfortable space. As a Salad Maker, you are responsible for much of the cold food preparation as well as;
- Preparing, washing, peeling, and/or cutting various food to be cooked or served
- Preparing all food items to order, following standard recipes and procedures within specified time limits
- Ensuring that guests orders are properly portioned and ready to be served
- Ensuring If supplies are getting low or equipment is not working properly that supervisors have been informed
- Carrying equipment, food supplies, and utensils to and from work and storage areas
- Ensuring that all equipment, utensils, work areas, dishes are clean
- Ensuring that foods are properly stored and labeled in containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage
- Following all sanitation guidelines
- Ensuring complete working knowledge of the safe use of all kitchen equipment
- Becoming familiar with new menu items/dishes
- Encompassing our goal of providing each guest with a truly wonderful experience
- Performing duties in other areas of kitchen and restaurant as assigned
We challenge ourselves, and each other, to be the best. What do we look for?
- 1+ year of work experience in a high volume restaurant
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- A warm, authentic, helpful and efficient nature
- Excellent communication and an outgoing personality
- A high level of resourcefulness and initiative, be a results oriented individual
- Proactive and resourceful in solving problems and working under pressure
Why work at Tender Greens?
- We offer competitive pay + tips
- Free meals during shifts and 20% discount while off the clock
- Opportunities for development and growth
- A fun and inspiring work environment
- Must be able to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 20 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis
- Some bending/kneeling/stooping required
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to use hand and wrists continuously for long periods of time
- Must be able to work in a hot environment