Job Summary: Tender Greens is seeking a Prep Cook for the preparation of a variety of foods, meats, seafood, poultry, vegetable, and cold food items. This person possesses a positive attitude, a strong work ethic, and thrives in a fast-paced team environment and have a strong desire to learn and grow in the culinary space.
Average Earning Potential Up to $19/hr (base + tips)
AREN'T YOU INTERESTED IN EARNING UP TO $4/HR ADDITIONAL IN TIPS?
Who are we?
Tender Greens delivers inspired food, friendly service, and great value in a comfortable space. At Tender Greens we believe that everybody is equally important to our mission. Our menu reflects the best of the season and is prepared with simplicity, skill and most importantly PASSION! We challenge ourselves, and each other, to be the best.
Tender Greens delivers inspired food, friendly service and great value in a comfortable space. As a Prep Cook, you are responsible for encompassing our goal of providing each guest with a truly wonderful experience as well as;
- Preparing, washing, peeling, and/or cutting various food to be cooked or served to Tender Greens standards
- Carrying equipment, food supplies, and utensils to and from work and storage areas
- Ensuring that foods are properly stored and labeled in containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage
- Maintaining a prepared and sanitary work area at all times
- Assisting in preparation of various foods including pantry and salad items, soups, sauces, and ingredients for daily specials
- Ensuring that Managers are informed of low inventory and equipment not working properly
- Becoming familiar with new menu items/dishes
- Ensuring complete working knowledge of the safe use of all kitchen equipment
- Performing duties in other areas of kitchen and restaurant as assigned
We challenge ourselves, and each other, to be the best. Requirements for this position are;
- Minimum of 1 year experience in food service/hospitality desired
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old
- Graduate of a culinary institute, military school or formal on-the-job training preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with customers and coworkers
- Understanding professional cooking and knife handling skills
- Ability to ensure safety compliance is a priority
- Food handler's card required
Why work at Tender Greens?
- We offer competitive pay + tips
- Free meals during shifts and 20% discount while off the clock
- Opportunities for development and growth
- A fun and inspiring work environment
- Must be able to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 50 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis
- Some bending/kneeling/stooping required
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to use hand and wrist for chopping, mixing and related activities for long periods of time
- Must be able to work in a hot kitchen environment