Busser/Front of House
Job Summary: Tender Greens is seeking a Busser/ Front of House team member who is outgoing, friendly, excels at multi-tasking and has the grace to remain calm while under pressure.
Average Earning Potential Up to $19/hr (base + tips)
AREN'T YOU INTERESTED IN EARNING UP TO $4/HR ADDITIONAL IN TIPS?
Who are we?
Tender Greens delivers inspired food, friendly service, and great value in a comfortable space. We believe that everybody is equally important to our mission. Our menu reflects the best of the season and is prepared with simplicity, skill and most importantly PASSION! We challenge ourselves, and each other, to be the best.
What will you help us do?
As a Busser/Front of House team member, you are a member of the front of house team and are equally responsible for achieving our mission of providing each guest with a truly wonderful experience as well as;
- Delivering exceptional customer service by quickly and efficiently clearing restaurant tables, refilling drinks, restocking silverware, and glassware, engaging the guests in light conversation when appropriate
- Clearing and sanitizing tables and chairs efficiently and carrying large loads of dishes, silverware and glassware to kitchen for washing
- Upkeeping restroom including- sanitizing restroom on an hourly basis, restocking soap, toilet paper and paper towels
- Understanding the company’s safety policies and exhibiting compliance to the required safety standards
- Taking telephone orders as required and enter them into the point of sale system.
- Operating the cash register, credit card machine and cash handling
- Supporting other areas of the restaurant as necessary, such as setup, cleanup, prep work and equipment maintenance
What do we need?
- Prior work experience preferred; particularly in a high volume restaurant or retail environment
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old
- A warm, helpful and customer focused nature
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Must enjoy and be able to succeed in a fast-paced work environment
- Appreciate a clean and organized environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on restaurant needs
- Food handler's card may be required according to local and or state regulations
Why work at Tender Greens?
- We offer competitive pay + tips
- Free meals during shifts and 20% discount while off the clock
- Opportunities for development and growth
- A fun and inspiring work environment and be part of an amazing team
What abilities are needed to be successful in this role?
- Must be able to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 50 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis
- Some bending/kneeling/stooping required
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time
- Must be able to work in a hot kitchen environment
- Must be able to place plates, utensils, pans, and cases on both high and low shelves