General Manager (Downtown Los Angeles, CA)
Our General Managers are accountable for the overall financial results of the restaurant. They manage the daily operations ensuring daily brand standard operating procedures are upheld within the restaurant. A hospitality driven individual, they provide hands-on leadership and clear direction to team members, managers, and ensure an excellent guest experience that exceeds expectations. General Managers at Tender Greens must have a passion for food, strong knowledge of restaurant operations and finances, ability to demonstrate leadership behaviors expected of the role, have high standards of sanitation and safety, and the drive to grow and develop personally while developing those around them.
As a General Manager, you are responsible for encompassing our goal of providing each guest with a truly outstanding experience as well as:
Leading Team Members by:
- Fostering a motivating and positive environment that enhances and builds on the culture.
- Managing team member relations issues by coaching, mentoring and partnering with People Services as deemed necessary
- Ensuring team members and managers adhere to established policies and procedures.
- Managing team members’ performance including providing regular performance feedback, development plans or counseling notices as well as partnering with Human Resources on final termination requests when necessary.
- Ensuring practices related to Team Members are adhered to including new hire and payroll documents are completed in a timely manner, new hire training is completed within expectations, offboarding procedures completed for terminated team members, approved pay changes and promotion processes are adhered to and all other related requirements.
- Ensuring all payroll policies and procedures are followed, including management of timekeeping for compliance and accuracy.
- Maintaining accurate staffing levels including overseeing the selection of new team members, managing applications within the Applicant Tracking system, scheduling interviews and making final hiring decisions based on candidates who demonstrate they can meet the service standards.
- Ensuring regular weekly management meetings and daily shift meetings are held to communicate company updates regarding operations, financial results and reporting, employee topics, training, education related to changes or new processes, product or equipment introductions.
- Ensuring all team member injuries are reported at the time of injury following Tender Greens protocols.
- Ensuring all team member compliance training including but not limited to safety, PCI, etc. is completed in a timely basis and safety standards are adhered to.
Financial Management by:
- Continuing to maintain and build sales and achieve or exceed restaurant goals according to budget.
- Maintaining budget and optimizing expenses by managing restaurants operating costs to budget through proper ordering, scheduling, portion/waste control, and using the P&L on a weekly/monthly basis to track and manage costs.
- Managing operations budget and financial expectations including reviewing financial reports and taking appropriate actions to improve profitability.
- Managing payroll budget expenditures by creating team member schedules that meet labor expectations and service standards through the scheduling template.
- Managing Food, Beverage and Controllable expenses through proper ordering of Packaging, Meat, Produce, Drinks, Wine & Beer, Uniforms, Gift Cards, Smallwares, China, Equipment etc.
- Ensuring expense reports are submitted per policy.
- Ensuring the submission and approval of all invoices in Plate IQ, and general ledger
- Creating an environment that is focused on an exceptional guest experience.
- Ensuring hospitality service standards are upheld including resolving any guest complaints in a favorable manner.
- Following proper sanitation and cleanliness procedures in the restaurant to fulfill health requirements and Tender Greens standards.
- Overseeing the opening and closing procedures of the restaurant.
- Ensuring timely follow up and training following all audits.
- Overseeing the management and execution of catering orders and reviewing upcoming orders daily.
- Ensuring that Point of Sale System (Aloha & Olo) functions are being conducted according to policy such as comps & void, re-opening/ reprinting checks, conducting same day refunds, and doing a system refresh.
- Enforcing safety procedures to maintain a safe environment for guests.
- Managing the established injury reporting protocol according to company guidelines by ensuring guest injuries are reported in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensuring the maintenance of the facility is up to brand standard to promote optimal guest and team member experience.
- Ensuring new changes to policies are executed to standard.
- Performing other related duties as needed
Qualification Requirements for this position are:
- Bachelors/ Associates Degree in Hospitality, Restaurant Management, or Culinary or equivalent education and work experience; preferably in a high-volume fast paced restaurant
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a General Manager; preferably in a fast-paced full-service restaurant concept
- Proven ability to hire, train and develop team members.
- Capable of driving sales and guest service initiatives by motivating and leading team members.
- Passion for the restaurant industry with a commitment to continued development
- Record of maintaining high standards in restaurant cleanliness, sanitation, food quality and guest satisfaction
- Ability to understand and analyze financial profit and loss statements, food cost, inventory needs and labor planning.
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Doc
- Excellent written and verbal communication with a positive and outgoing personality
- Customer service focused and solution oriented
- Capable of delegating multiple tasks
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on restaurant needs
- Ongoing current Food Safety Manager certification
Physical, cognitive, social, and environmental requirements include:
- Must be able to lift items through full range weighing up to 50 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis
- Repetitive forward bend of head/neck
- Some bending/kneeling/stooping/twisting/reaching required
- Some repetitive motion and force required
- Must be able to stand/walk for long periods of time (not all at one time)
- Must be able to work in a stationary, seated position as needed (not all at one time)
- Must be able to work in a hot kitchen environment
- Sight, speech and hearing necessary to communicate with Team Members, Vendors and Guest
- Sight and good sensation are necessary to prevent burning oneself while in the kitchen areas
- Hours: Will vary, must be available to occasionally work nights & weekends
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.