Sr. Manager of Site Reliability Engineering
We are building a fabulous engineering culture, and are committed to hiring the very best. In light of this, we are looking for a Senior Manager of Site Reliability to join our team. We run a bleeding edge tech stack and have migrated a majority of our infrastructure to IAAC (Infrastructure as a code) and need an experienced leader to manage a group of very talented SREs who apply principles of both software and systems engineering to keep our platform available, responsive and resilient. Bring your strong management skills and technical vision to help take the team to the next level.
The SRE team owns all of our infrastructure which is currently running on Kubernetes, Helm charts, Terraform in AWS while working closely with the Database Reliability Engineering team. As systems evolve, the goal is to export a mostly self-service platform to internal customers that allows for increased engineering velocity and minimal toil for SREs.
As the Senior Manager of Engineering for the SRE team, you will be responsible for continuing to build out a world-class, cutting-edge team embodying the SRE philosophy and methodology. Great foundations have been laid, and you will bring strategic vision, mentorship, and implementation to accelerate the transition, reduce toil, and increase automation at every level. We are investing heavily in a DevOps culture, and you will play a big part in fine tuning collaboration with the development teams.
- Lead a great team of emerging SREs, providing vision and strategic leadership
- Own all infrastructure for the Tenable.io platform, working closely with the SRE team, ensuring its availability, reliability, scalability, fault tolerance and performance
- Foster the adoption of software and systems engineering within the team and mentor individuals in their growth into mature SREs
- Drive the effort to automate every part of the Tenable.io platform to allow it to run and heal itself wherever possible
- Manage the work and priorities of the team (we use Kanban), to facilitate the reduction of toil work and establish a great toil vs development work balance
- Partner with our development teams to help them build reliable and scalable services, and resolve any production issues as quickly as possible
- Stay abreast of the latest SRE methodologies, and skillfully adopt the appropriate ones
- Foster innovation within the team, and join others carving out the new SRE discipline
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years’ experience managing technical teams, ideally infrastructure-focused
- Excellent leadership and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- A proven track record for building great and diverse teams through attracting, recruiting and retaining top engineers.
- Proven record managing agile projects, delivering on time and ideally under budget
- Strong technical background in software and systems engineering, cloud, and proven track record supporting distributed systems at scale
- Change agent, with the ability to skillfully and strategically implement the SRE vision
- Superior people skills, with proven ability to recruit, retain and grow top-notch talent
- Experience leading platform development in compliance with FedRamp requirements
- Solid experience with Kubernetes or similar technology
- Previous use of Kanban and/or Scrum
- Solid experience with AWS Stack
- The nexus of systems and software engineering makes your heart sing!
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply…Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that’s okay. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams - that’s not okay. We're One Tenable which means however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it’s a role you can be passionate about doing every day.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels