Sr. Software Engineer - Cloud / Microservices
Tenable is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Cloud Scanning organization. Our team’s mission is to facilitate data flow to and from our platform so our customers can seamlessly blend their cloud environments, tools and processes with our vulnerability scanning capabilities. This is a strategic focus for Tenable's continued growth in the cyber-security offering. We help organizations around the world address key challenges of traditional vulnerability scanning, including identification of vulnerabilities and policy-violating configurations. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will contribute towards designing and developing our highly reliable, scalable, and maintainable systems.
- Get in on the ground floor: As part of working on a small team, you'll have a broad scope with an opportunity to take on new responsibilities and grow as a software engineer. As a senior member of the team it will be on you to come up with and implement features and help drive the overall architecture of our system.
- Innovate: As an organization, we run an “Innovation Sprint” at the start of every quarter where engineers can work on their own feature ideas, or try out new technologies.. You can demo your work in front of the rest of the company and pair up with people from other teams.
- Learn new things: We provide a training budget for you to attend conferences or workshops.
- Raise the bar: We are always looking for ways to improve ourselves, our tech stack, and our product’s features. Bring your ideas and experiences to the table and help make a lasting impact.
- Collaborate: Work closely with Product Managers, other engineers, designers, and stakeholders to continuously iterate on our products and drive consensus. You will have the opportunity to support and mentor your peers inside and outside your team.
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years of experience in creating well-written applications
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Deep knowledge or extensive programming experience with at least two major cloud infrastructure vendors (AWS, Azure or GCP), virtualization and/or container technology
- Experience developing in languages such as: Java, Kotlin, Groovy, Node.js, Python, or Go, and a willingness to learn new languages as needed
- Experience with building and architecting cloud-based microservice applications - event driven or event streaming architectures particularly desirable.
- Sense of pride and ownership of team deliverables: accountability for the behavior of your software in production
- Experience coaching and leading mid-level and junior engineers in the design and implementation of technical projects
- The ability to work independently and as a part of a team, and to lead/drive projects as necessary
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with different stakeholders and drive consensus within the team.
- Proven ability to work independently and effectively in a distributed team.
- You have experience with network security systems is a plus
- You have a passion for keeping current on technology trends
- You are comfortable working with a geographically distributed team that experiments with its processes and practices as well as evolving them when necessary
- You have in-depth knowledge of cloud providers and their services
- You know how to design long-lived APIs that serve the needs of both customers, user interfaces, and third party integrations.
- You have used Kafka in the past and know how to use it effectively
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply…Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that’s okay. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams - that’s not okay. We're One Tenable which means however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it’s a role you can be passionate about doing every day.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.