Senior Software Engineer
Tenable is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Tenable.io Universal Workspace (UW) development team. Focused on designing, developing, and maintaining state-of-the art solutions for allowing other products and workspaces to interact with the Tenable.io platform data. As a Senior Software Engineer on the UW team, you will have the opportunity to be part of implementing and maintaining highly scalable, highly reliable cloud-native microservices using modern technologies and programming languages.
- Work cross-functionally with other developers, UX designers, product owners and various Tenable teams to design, develop and maintain cloud services for ingesting data to and accessing data from various sources within the Tenable.io platform
- Promote clear and simple software design while actively driving the team toward better practices and solutions
- Support a true DevOps / CICD software delivery model
- Promote high quality aimed at areas such as security, reliability, testability and maintainability
- Drive innovation by contributing new ideas for our processes, tools, and technologies
- Coach and mentor mid-level and junior staff
What you’ll need:
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or a directly related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of software development experience, including experience with leading projects
- Experience developing in languages such as: Java, Kotlin, Groovy, Node.js, Python, or Go, and a willingness to learn new languages as needed
- Exposure to high volume, fault-tolerant, highly available and distributed systems
- Experience with relational and non-relational data stores
- Experience designing and developing Restful APIs
- Experience with cloud-native data stores and data processing systems is preferred
- Accountability for the behavior of your software in production
- Experience coaching and leading mid-level and junior staff in the design, implementation, and execution of highly technical development projects
- Experience in working in an Agile team, and an enthusiasm for working collaboratively within and across product teams
- The ability to work independently and as a part of a team, and to lead/drive projects as necessary
- The desire to continuously learn and be exposed to new technologies
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply…Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that’s okay. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams - that’s not okay. We're One Tenable which means however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it’s a role you can be passionate about doing every day.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.