Back End Developer
If you’re looking for an opportunity to make an impact in one of the most critical areas of security affecting the world today, look no further than Tenable Operational Technology (OT) product dev team. We develop a unique security monitoring and management solution for industrial control systems and we’re looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our growing research and development teams in Tel Aviv.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work on everything that's running on our OT appliance - from network data collection, through sophisticated logical algorithm, to data manipulations and API. If you’re excited about getting exposure to all aspects of product research and development, this is for you.
- As part of working on a small team, you'll have a broad scope and an opportunity to grow as a software engineer. You will team up with engineers to drive initiatives, define the architecture, and build new features
- Help with design decisions and the ability to understand and improve product performance and stability
- Own your projects end-to-end including design, development, testing, and deployment
- Collaborate with an amazing group of cross-functional team members including product management, design and other engineers in your Agile team
- Perform code and design reviews
What You’ll need:
- At least 5 years of system/backend programming experience (C/C++ or similar)
- A desire to learn new programming languages to solve unique technical problems when they arise
- We use Go for a lot of development. If you have experience with it, great! If you don’t, then you’ll need the desire to learn it quickly.
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and Unix internals
- Experience with multi-threaded and network programming
- Strong understanding of network application architecture and data structures
- Academic level understanding of algorithms and data-structures
- Proficiency in business level English
- Knowledge of Cyber Security trends and events.
- Reverse engineering of applications and other software.
- Experience with Databases/SQL
- Experience with Containers
- Experience developing packet sniffing applications or similar network applications.
- Significant hands-on experience with Linux
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply…Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that’s okay. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams - that’s not okay. We're One Tenable which means however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it’s a role you can be passionate about doing every day.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.