Tenable is currently searching for a dynamic Administrative Assistant who will be responsible for providing vice president (VP)-level support efficiently and effectively with a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism to our sales leadership and executives. Duties typically can be complex in nature and may involve access to confidential and/or sensitive information. This role will work in Government Affairs and a background in Investor Relations is helpful.
The Administrative Assistant must have the ability to work independently to prioritize work, meet deadlines, and determine methods and procedures to use to resolve problems and serve as an information resource in certain scenarios.
- Provides VP-level support which includes, but is not limited to, maintaining executive's calendar and schedule, and maintaining accurate files
- Assists with scheduling and coordinating complex travel arrangements
- Screens incoming phone calls on behalf of the vice president
- Provides information or directs inquiries to the VP or other appropriate resources. Takes and relays messages; greets visitors
- Reviews VP’s incoming mail and electronic communications. Handles responses on behalf of the executive.
- In VP's absence, ensures that all departmental administrative matters are handled appropriately
- Drafts routine and non-routine correspondence for the executive’s signature. Reviews all documents prepared for the executive. Makes changes as needed. This may include assignments of a confidential and/or sensitive nature
- Assists VP with the preparation of presentation materials including creating, proofreading, editing, and printing
- Participates in committee meetings by preparing minutes and presentation summaries, planning meeting agendas, and organizing and managing meeting logistics
- Coordinates projects and ensures all are completed in a timely and efficient manner and follow-up is done on all administrative details
- Interprets organizations policies and procedures in response to inquiries. Communicates information to management
- Performs other duties as required
What You'll Need:
- 5 plus years’ experience in an administrative assistant role in a fast-paced environment, preferably in Government Affairs and/or Investor Relations
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well with all levels of management as well as customers
- Proven ability to effectively handle and screen phone calls
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs (office, excel, power point, etc.)
- College degree preferred, but not required
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply…Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that’s okay. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams - that’s not okay. We're One Tenable which means however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it’s a role you can be passionate about doing every day.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.