Principal Data Engineer
Lead the data delivery team on our mission to deliver a world class data platform. You will be tasked with the challenge of making the vast amounts of data we collect readily available to customers where and when they need it to power their cyber exposure strategy.
- Work in a lean environment building out the Tenable data platform using both traditional data warehousing ideologies while incorporating the latest trends in big data.
- Automation of innovative algorithms for data analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence developed by the data science team.
- Promote the use of Agile within the team to increase overall efficiency and predictability of project delivery.
- Manage effective communications with key stakeholders ensuring we are using JIRA, Confluence and Portfolio effectively.
- Design and develop solutions that are core to the company values and future.
- Help create and maintain the data engineering roadmap in collaboration with team.
- Mentor and support team to increase their technical knowledge and overall professional development.
- Promote a culture of collaboration, knowledge sharing, innovation and continuous learning across the team.
- Development of Tenable Engineering brand and overall strategy to attract and maintain the greatest talent.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in a software engineering background within Java, Python or Scala
- Ability to translate loosely defined business requirements into specific software tasks that will facilitate Tenable developing a world class data platform.
- Extensive experience in designing and engineering data processing workflows ideally using Apache Airflow
- Strong experience with Big Data technologies such as Spark, EMR, Hadoop, Flink, Beam, Kafka, Hive, Presto, Athena, Impala, Atlas.
- Deep understanding of data storage technologies for structured and unstructured data.
- Experience with a cloud-based architecture like AWS, GCS or Azure using Linux as a primary development environment.
- Expert in data Warehousing Modelling (Kimball/Inmon) and data lake design.
- The ability to create relationships across the organization and act as an ambassador across the company to promote the data transformation journey we are on.
- Passion for innovation matched with excellent communication and analytical skills and demonstrated ability to influence strategy outside of your own team.
- A passion for research, the landscape for data engineering is rapidly evolving and we want to use this to our competitive advantage by using the right tools.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of time.
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply…Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that’s okay. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams - that’s not ok. We're One Tenable which means however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it’s a role you can be passionate about doing every day.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.