Business Process Improvement Specialist
As a member of the Sales Operations team, you will have the opportunity to improve processes primarily used by Tenable’s worldwide sales team. With a customer centric attitude and the ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment, you will have the opportunity to work with multiple teams, managing multiple projects that have a profound impact on the overall business. Using your working knowledge of general business processes, you will succeed in evaluating process issues as well as designing, testing, and implementing improvements to bring efficiency, profitability, and increased performance. Your primary objective is to ensure optimization through the entire sales cycle and related business processes, while staying aligned with Tenable’s long-term strategic goals.
The Business Process Improvement Specialist position is a highly visible role involving direct support to the Sponsors’ stakeholders. The ideal candidate needs to be a self-starter working with minimal supervision with respect to communication, research & analysis and creation of current and future business-process designs in order to identify areas for improvement. The Business Process Improvement Specialist must have the ability to absorb and analyze a large amount of information and pare it down to a logical, digestible process framework. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Sales Projects Office.
- Improve business processes to eliminate waste, increase velocity, improve quality and reduce variation.
- Absorb and analyze a large amount of information and pare it down to a logical, digestible process framework.
- Investigate, analyze and document the current state of business processes.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to solicit and understand process inputs, outputs and dependencies.
- Perform gap analysis to identify missing or inadequate processes and clearly define problem and impacts.
- Recommend solutions to increase operational efficiency, improve effectiveness and improve client experience.
- Define and collect base-line metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to capture cost and time savings, as a result improved processes.
- Monitor, measure and provide feedback on process performance.
- Develop and deliver project updates and progress reports/briefings on a regular basis to sponsors, clients and other stakeholders.
- Maintain a client centric and holistic view of all processes and client segments in the ecosystem to understand dependencies, cross functional impacts with regards to process, workflow and reporting.
- Develop detailed project plans to track project performance, manage project risks/issues and assure timely completion and achievement of project deliverables. Manage projects end to end.
- Assist in establishing and documenting highly efficient policies and procedures.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in business process analysis and improvement
- Significant business process analysis and process improvement experience in consulting, industrial engineering or related.
- Experience applying business process analysis, problem solving and process improvement methodologies and tools such as Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, Six Sigma, 5 Why’s, Issue Tree, Process Mapping, etc.
- Experience using process mapping software (Microsoft Visio, Lucidchart or equivalent) to create detailed maps of business processes
- Experience with change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Demonstrated success dealing with ambiguity and ability to learn on the fly to understand and solve new problems.
- Ability to lead meetings and influence stakeholders at all levels
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office or Google Suite tools
- Industrial Engineering or similar background/experience
- Experience using multiple problem solving methodologies and tools (Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, Six Sigma)
- Experience using Salesforce or a similar CRM system
Project Management Skills
- Superior analytical, logic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to plan projects and determine the necessary steps to meet objectives
- Ability to implement value adding solutions and complete the objectives in a timely fashion
- Ability to multitask, organize, and prioritize multiple on-going projects, supporting a diverse set of clients
- Approach work in an organized fashion with a sense of urgency
- Ability to collaborate across functional groups
- Ability to overcome technical, cultural and functional barriers while continuing to progress
- Ability to work as both an individual contributor and a cross-functional team leader to drive results
- Ability to communicate the overall objectives, project progress, recommended improvements and results to both technical experts and senior management across multiple functions
- Ability to develop and provide presentations for managerial and stakeholder review/communication
- Effective oral and written communication skills coupled with the ability to establish and maintain productive client and partner relationships
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply…Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that’s okay. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams - that’s not ok. We're One Tenable which means however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it’s a role you can be passionate about doing every day.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.