Senior Marketing Manager - Public Sector
Who is Tenable?
Tenable® is the Exposure Management company. 40,000 organizations around the globe rely on Tenable to understand and reduce cyber risk. Our global employees support 60 percent of the Fortune 500, 40 percent of the Global 2000, and large government agencies. Come be part of our journey!
What makes Tenable such a great place to work?
Ask a member of our team and they’ll answer, “Our people!” We work together to build and innovate best-in-class cybersecurity solutions for our customers; all while creating a culture of belonging, respect, and excellence where we can be our best selves. When you’re part of our #OneTenable team, you can expect to partner with some of the most talented and passionate people in the industry, and have the support and resources you need to do work that truly matters. We deliver results that exceed expectations and we win together!
As the Senior Field Marketing Manager - Public Sector, you’ll be responsible for marketing, awareness, and demand generation for sales and channels in your assigned territory. You will work very closely with the territory sales team, channel sales team, channel partners, and marketing services teams to plan, execute and measure ROI of field marketing activities.
- As the front-line marketing contact for your assigned territory, work with territory sales leader, reps and channel managers to develop and implement regional go-to-market plans aligned to regional sales goals, including the allocation of marketing development funds (MDF) with achievable ROI and pipeline impact
- Assess and identify appropriate mix of direct, partner-led, joint, and alliance marketing programs to achieve target MQL, SQL/Opportunity and pipeline contribution goals
- Learn and understand the Tenable product portfolio, positioning, go-to-market strategy, target audiences/personas so you can articulate and evangelize to your territory team and partners
- Be the marketing subject matter expert for what works in territory to achieve marketing and sales objectives
- Document, write plans and update as required to maintain a rolling quarterly planning process
- Collaborate with other teams internally to build and execute marketing activities and programs in the field
- Plan and execute marketing programs and activities direct and/or with channel partners, including webcasts, seminars/conferences, website co-marketing, and email campaigns. Drive partner adoption and utilization of Tenable-led campaigns, promotions and tools
- Serve as the first point of contact for partner questions, including how to navigate within the portal, where to find resources, etc. Also serve as the point person to articulate business needs for portal enhancements
- Field and channel partner pipeline generation
- MQL, SQL/Opportunity contribution to Americas sales goals as defined by Region Marketing Leader
- Partner execution, effectiveness, ROI on planned marketing activities
- Alignment of marketing plan, mix, and goals to sales strategy, plan and targets
- Collaboration and engagement with territory sales and channel sales team and partners
What You'll Need:
- 8+ years of related experience
- BS/BA or equivalent work experience
- Strong Field and Channel/Partner Marketing program expertise
- Thorough marketing or channel sales background with responsibilities for multiple, multi-touch marketing initiatives
- Strong written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong project management, negotiation and decision-making skills
- Ability to build relationships with peers, sales, distributors, resellers and customers
- Use expertise and creativity for innovative marketing recommendations and solutions
- Self-motivated, innovative and creative
- SFDC, Marketo experience a plus
- Security industry experience a plus
If you’ve reached this point, and you’re still not sure if you should apply…..Just do it! We’re human and we don’t fit a perfect mold. Having diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives, that’s a good thing! If you’re coming from outside of the cyber industry - great! If you’re looking to try something new - awesome! All we ask is you bring passion to all that you do, crave creativity and innovation, and embrace the hard work of gaining new skills and accepting big challenges.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.
The base salary range for this position is $112,000.00 - $149,333.33 USD. Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including the candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies, location and experience, and may fall outside of the range shown. Employees are also eligible for variable compensation in addition to base pay (commission for sales roles, bonus for non-sales roles), depending on company and individual performance. Tenable also offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits which include: medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance; 401(k) retirement savings with company match; an employee stock purchase plan; an employee referral program; flexible spending accounts; an Employee Assistance Program (EAP); education assistance; parental leave; paid time off (PTO); company-paid holidays; health and wellness events; and community programs.