Our procurement specialists possess excellent knowledge of procurement operations and strategic sourcing processes for purchasing hardware, software, and services for Tenable. Requests come from a wide variety of sources looking for help with vendor selection and procurement of various kinds of goods and services with an accelerated timeline and our procurement specialists have to support them. Their Responsibilities include working with external vendor partners, and collaborating with internal customers and stakeholders to find efficient, cost effective, and timely procurement and delivery of goods and services. Deliverables also include providing requirements for automation and process improvement and finding opportunities for cost savings and resources optimization. The procurement manager role is an individual contributor role and will be part of Tenable’s corporate procurement team.
- Manage all procurement activities and establish procurement processes including sourcing, negotiating, contracting, onboarding, etc.
- Deliver cost savings and negotiate cost and contracts to put Tenable at an advantageous position to control its spend and reduce risk
- Work closely and build relationships within Tenable including Business Platforms, Sales, Marketing, Engineering, IT, Research, and other teams
- Lead each procurement effort by seamlessly collaborating with Legal, Finance, Information Security to coordinate and prioritize to meet customer needs
- Build effective and executive level relationships with the vendors and create a long-term win-win relationship
- Work on a broad range of categories such as engineering, marketing, sales, finance, information security, etc.
- Analyze purchasing trends and growth or shift in internal demand due to roadmap changes and business growth
- Track and report key performance metrics and improve overall procurement process efficiency
What You'll Need:
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment with a sense of humor
- Being able to scale from tactical purchase order creation to leading strategic negotiations, and driving consensus between internal stakeholders for making optimal procurement decision for the company
- Strong business acumen and influencing skills to make customer successful
- Being fair and ethical and being able to communicate with clarity and set expectations
- 5 years of prior experience in procurement or strategic sourcing or vendor management
- Detail orientation with a passion for either data analytics or legal terms
- Working knowledge of finance, budgeting, automation and process implementation
- A bachelor’s degree in business or finance or legal (or equivalent experience)
- Passionate about documentation, reporting, and following up
- Experience with ticketing systems and financial systems
- Strong negotiation skills and familiarity with legal terms and conditions in IT and other procurement contracts
- Familiarity with procurement tools and experience in procuring IT, software, hardware, professional services, real estate
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply…Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that’s okay. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams - that’s not ok. We're One Tenable which means however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it’s a role you can be passionate about doing every day.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.