Senior Software UI Engineer
Tenable is looking for a Senior Software UI Engineer to join the Internationalization development team. Internationalization is a major focus for Tenable's continued growth in the cyber-security offering that will help organizations around the world address key challenges of traditional vulnerability scanning, including identification of vulnerabilities and policy-violating configurations. As a Senior Software UI Engineer, you will contribute towards designing, developing and maintaining all frontend aspects of our localization efforts.
- Work within a collaborative and supportive Agile development team on awesome features
- Engage and contribute to the various product and platform teams at Tenable to help them integrate with internationalization efforts
- Have high-impact by helping the team deliver on next-generation enterprise web-applications
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain rich web applications
- Embrace and implement modern frontend technologies and frameworks
- Promote innovative and elegant software design while actively driving the team toward better practices and solutions with a focus on security, reliability, testability, and maintainability
- Take responsibility and ownership of your projects
- Perform code and design reviews
- Coach and mentor other engineers on the team
- 5+ years of experience in creating well-written applications
- Bachelors or M.S. Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Knowledge of browser versions, their quirks and the solution to said quirks
- Experience debugging web application errors through the use of tools such as Chrome Dev Tools, etc.
- Experience working through the software development life cycle on software development teams and the associated tools (git, Jira, confluence, etc.)
- Experience using Node and related build automation tools (Yarn, Gulp, Grunt)
- Experience with localization best practices and constraints
- Familiarity with unit testing for JS (Jest, Mocha, Chai)
- Experience owning a project and coaching engineers through a project’s lifecycle
- Successfully deployed code/features, multiple times, while working in an Agile environment
- Have a passion for user experience/design, and empowered to give input to modern web development techniques that would facilitate delightful design
- Use of virtualization and/or container technology
- Passion for keeping current on trends related to frontend architectures, performance techniques, accessibility, localization, security and web design/user experience
- Comfortable working on a team that experiments with its processes and practices as well as evolving them when necessary.
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply…Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that’s okay. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams - that’s not okay. We're One Tenable which means however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it’s a role you can be passionate about doing every day.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.