Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Who is Tenable?
Tenable® is the Exposure Management company. 40,000 organizations around the globe rely on Tenable to understand and reduce cyber risk. Our global employees support 60 percent of the Fortune 500, 40 percent of the Global 2000, and large government agencies. Come be part of our journey!
What makes Tenable such a great place to work?
Ask a member of our team and they’ll answer, “Our people!” We work together to build and innovate best-in-class cybersecurity solutions for our customers; all while creating a culture of belonging, respect, and excellence where we can be our best selves. When you’re part of our #OneTenable team, you can expect to partner with some of the most talented and passionate people in the industry, and have the support and resources you need to do work that truly matters. We deliver results that exceed expectations and we win together!
At Tenable, our mission is to help businesses stay safe, by detecting security vulnerabilities early and help our customers manage risk and prioritize resolution efforts.
- Cybersecurity: Evolve in a fascinating environment where business experts are also Engineers. Do something good by defending businesses around the world. Learn daily about new attack patterns and software vulnerabilities.
- Identity: The product you’ll work on revolves around Identity management, allowing security teams to understand who has permissions on what throughout SAAS and IAAS applications.
- Innovation: Our product is at the cutting edge of technology, implementing the most innovative cybersecurity techniques in vulnerability assessment, entitlement visualization and standards compliance tracking and much more
In this role you will be joining our Data Platform team and be in charge of our CI/CD, DevOps, Cloud and monitoring environments, specifically in AWS and Snowflake Deploy new AWS and Snowflake resources using Terraform. Support developers in bringing value to the customer fast and with a short feedback loop. Help us constantly improve the DevOps culture! You will be responsible for:
- Deploying new services
- Configure CI/CD pipelines
- Ensure that product is in good operational conditions
- Deploy new AWS resources using terraform
- Assist data engineers with operating databases
- Develop monitoring capabilities
- Troubleshoot production platform when needed
- Collaborate between the developers and operations teams
What you'll need:
- Technical expertise:
- 5-7 years of experience in SRE/DevOps
- Experience with large scale data systems
- Good familiarity with Linux-based operating systems
- Large experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Good understanding of AWS services, such as EC2, S3, VPC, etc
- Ability to write shell/python scripts
- Experience with Terraform or CloudFormation
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline tools and best practices
- Team spirit: Mandatory, we are a large team, and we succeed by being helpful and kind to one another.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills required
- Product mindset: Our ultimate goal is to provide the best security capabilities to our customers. This concern must be shared by all members of the team.
If you’ve reached this point, and you’re still not sure if you should apply…..Just do it! We’re human and we don’t fit a perfect mold. Having diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives, that’s a good thing! If you’re coming from outside of the cyber industry - great! If you’re looking to try something new - awesome! All we ask is you bring passion to all that you do, crave creativity and innovation, and embrace the hard work of gaining new skills and accepting big challenges.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.