Federal Territory Manager - DOD
The Federal Territory Manager is responsible for establishing and developing business through existing and new clients in the Department of Defense.
- Strong knowledge of the DOD community.
- Maintain and develop the existing client base through regional marketing and direct sales activities
- Strong working knowledge of federal standards, regulation and mandates as they apply to the specific Agencies
- Demonstrated success in working with DOD Agencies in a sales or business development capacity
- Identify, qualify and develop new opportunities through prospecting and networking
- Manage and maintain your territory’s sales pipeline and target key accounts and vertical markets for development
- Achieve assigned monthly, quarterly and annual sales budgets and other regional objectives established by the Director of Federal Sales
- Provide monthly and quarterly sales forecasts
- Manage the day to date activities of sales personnel dedicated to your region. This includes inside sales representatives and sales engineers
- Consistently achieve and/or exceed your assigned quotas and revenue objectives
- Utilize channel sales resources in your region as necessary
- Have a strong working knowledge of Salesforce (SFDC) or similar CRM tool
- Stay abreast of competitive industry and market intelligence and provide feedback in this area to executive management
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 10+ years of sales experience
- Experience and credibility selling at the CxO level
- Technical acumen with the ability to relate it with business value
- Ability to take on a consultative style when presenting ideas and products
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply…Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that’s okay. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams - that’s not ok. We're One Tenable which means however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it’s a role you can be passionate about doing every day.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels