Sustain Software Engineer
The Sustain Software Engineer (SSE) provides world-class high level tiers support for Tenable cybersecurity products (Tenable Holdings Inc, NASDAQ: TENB). In serving as the primary liaison between the Support Team and R&D & PM teams. The SSE resolves real-world technical challenges by supporting cutting-edge vulnerability assessment and compliance auditing software across complex, multi-faceted customer deployments in the OT domain.
The focus of the SSE should be to not just fix issues as they come in but to be the conduit back into engineering to ELIMINATE needless calls from customers in the future.
Our SSEs possess excellent knowledge of security assessment, vulnerability management, OT cybersecurity and compliance auditing capabilities along with the drive to rapidly learn the newest technologies. Impeccable communication skills (written and verbal) focused on sustaining market leading customer loyalty is a key requirement for this position. The SSE is a hands-on role that provides sustained engineering high level tiers support for Tenable.ot products.
- Lead problem resolution requiring extensive analysis, troubleshooting and escalation to product development
- Serves as the primary technical liaison between the Support Team and Tenable.ot internal groups (Product Management, R&D, etc) for technical issues
- Provide root cause analysis for escalated issues raised by the support team and the field.
- Take part in shaping new features and products and represent the voice of the customer
- Proactive prevention of support issues by analyzing problem trends and making recommendations to improve the product quality, processes and knowledge
- Identify support tools gaps, enhance needs and propose solutions
- Create scripts to identify, analyze and correct data/logs/monitor issues
- Create\develop fixes or patches to address customer issues and needs (HF and maintenance releases)
- Recreating customer software issues in a lab environment
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of Tenable OT products and information security best-practices
- Create and publish solution knowledge for re-use by customers and Tenable employees
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (or equivalent experience)
- At least 2 years of hands-on proven experience in customer facing technical role (f.e: Escalation Engineering/Support/Professional Services/Technical Account Manager)
- Ability to read and understand code
- Coding experience in at least one OOP language
- Experience working and troubleshooting in complex IT environments, cloud (AWS, GCP) and physical - involving both Linux and Windows
- Comfortable dealing with architecturally complex systems involving many components and details
- Superb trouble-shooting skills and tenacity in problem-solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent customer-oriented individual
- Experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- Network administration, Firewall Configuration, and strong knowledge of TCP/IP
- Linux/Unix administration and system configuration
- Windows and/or Unix administration and system configuration
- Either professionally or in an academic setting, using Nessus and/or other vulnerability management and cybersecurity tools
- Extensive experience with diagnostic tools such as Wireshark, etc to analyze packet captures (pcaps)
- Experience with scripting\development languages such as Bash, Python, Powershell, go, etc
- Experience with SQL and database administration
- You may be required to travel on-board up to 10% of your time and work from the main office in Tel-Aviv.
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply…Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that’s okay. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams - that’s not ok. We're One Tenable which means however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it’s a role you can be passionate about doing every day.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.