Director, Technical Support - EMEA
As Director of Technical Support for Tenable, you will provide strategic direction, leadership, development, and management with our EMEA (Europe, Middle East & Africa) Technical Support team. The Director of Technical Support is an experienced, enthusiastic, hands-on leader focused on building a world-class Technical Support organization that delivers results to customers.
You will be the conduit between the Technical Support team, Customer Success Management team, Product and Development teams, and other internal stakeholders developing a trusted advisor relationship that enables rapid, focused, resolution for our customers. To be successful in this role, the Director of Technical Support must have the right combination of strategy, leadership, and operational skills to manage a growing team of dedicated Technical Support Engineers.
To be successful in this role, you will need experience managing a large Technical Support organization for enterprise customers, superior technical support strategy fundamentals, excellent business acumen, as well as an eye for sales partnership. You will also be responsible for assisting in the resolution of complex escalated customer needs.
As the Director of Technical Support, you will:
- Position the benefits and value of Tenable Technical Support services both internally and externally
- Build a culture where customer success and customer satisfaction are paramount
- Build an EMEA Support organization that provides technical support services by developing the existing team and recruiting new talent on a regular basis
- Lead by example. Roll up your sleeves and work side-by-side with the team
- Never stop recruiting. The EMEA team is primed to continue growing with the business needs. This includes identifying and recruiting top talent and being a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in your staffing strategy
- Use your skills in finance and headcount planning to grow and evolve the Technical Support staff and it’s potential
- Manage the support the KPI’s related to the team’s overall performance, providing sufficient capacity to deliver a successful customer experience while meeting internal operational objectives
- Work with Product Management, Product Engineering, and Field Technical groups to diagnose and resolve technical issues
- Act as a senior-level escalation point for customer issues
- Monitor escalations and accounts, provide regular updates, and ensure proper action plans are in place for the quickest path to resolution Identify common problems found in / reported by the customer base (training, product, docs, etc) and work with other organizations to address
- Nurture an environment that drives the creation of knowledge assets to be used both internally and externally by customers
- Regularly talk with customers to understand their needs and develop support plans
- Enable key partners providing Tier 1 and Tier 2 direct customer support
What You'll Need:
- BA or BS Degree with 5+ years of experience in a Technical Support role with 2+ years’ experience in a senior leadership role managing an enterprise support team
- Experience leading technical support teams with staff that range from 30-100
- Outstanding leadership and motivational skills
- Demonstrated success creating, managing, and reporting on department budgets
- Experience creating and managing a portfolio of technical support offerings
- Strong customer advocate that is passionate about delivering customer success
- Experienced in handling and diffusing customer escalations
- Experience delivering a high degree of customer satisfaction
- Experience with building and continuously improving customer support processes
- Knowledge of network security and related technology
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply…Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that’s okay. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams - that’s not okay. We're One Tenable which means however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it’s a role you can be passionate about doing every day.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.