Senior Product Marketing Manager
Tenable is seeking a talented and dynamic product marketing professional to help extend the company’s leadership in the vulnerability management sector.
Tenable is the Cyber Exposure company. More than 30,000 organizations around the world rely on us to help them understand and reduce cybersecurity risk. Our goal is to arm every organization, no matter how large or small, with the visibility and insight to answer four critical questions at all times: Where are we exposed? Where should we prioritize based on risk? Are we reducing our exposure over time? How do we compare to our peers? Just as we pioneered the vulnerability management market, we are once again at the forefront of innovation in this new Cyber Exposure era to help organizations rethink how they secure their modern digital enterprise.
In this role, you will draw on your creativity and marketing experience to extend Tenable’s leadership in Risk-based Vulnerability Management for the cloud. You will analyze customer needs, vulnerability management trends, and competitor strategies to develop market insight, influence our product roadmap, and create messaging, content and go-to-market guidance. You will work closely with product management to translate new product features into differentiated and compelling value propositions for buyers. You will also contribute to PR and analyst relations and guide and participate in demand generation and enablement programs. Collaborating with sales, marketing, sales enablement, product management, and executive management, you will play an active role in shaping Tenable’s products, marketing campaigns, and go-to-market strategy. This is an exciting opportunity for a marketing professional with strong leadership potential to make an impact in one of the financially strongest and fastest growing cybersecurity companies.
- Perform market research and analysis using primary (customer, partner) and secondary (analyst, sales) sources; use this to inform product, pricing, and go-to-market strategies
- Develop buyer personas, solution messaging, and content strategy for the vulnerability management market
- Create clear and compelling content for sales collateral, solution briefs, blog posts, website, webcasts, trade shows, and related activities to drive market demand and awareness
- Identify key technology partnership / co-marketing opportunities and new routes to market
- Lead new product and solution launches
- Actively participate in analyst relations and public relations initiatives
- Participate in webcasts, events and other demand generation activities
- Guide and contribute to sales and partner enablement
- Serve as a voice of the sales team to the product development organization
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7+ years of high tech product marketing or similar experience; 10+ years of total career experience
- You have demonstrable understanding of cloud-based service delivery trends, including DevOps, immutable infrastructure and cloud-native computing models (containers, serverless)
- Your written and oral communications skills are superb, and you can explain complex concepts clearly for a variety of audiences
- You are able to successfully build relationships and collaborate with geographically dispersed teams
- You have the ability to blend strategic thinking with creative execution
- You possess excellent organizational skills and strong follow-through
- You thrive in fast-paced, collaborative environments where change is the norm and the bar for quality is set high
- Your inherent drive and self-starter attitude motivates you to achieve dramatic success
- Must have ability to travel up to 20% of time
- Master’s degree
- Knowledge of the cybersecurity marketplace and its unique requirements
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply…Just do it! We know there are no perfect applicants. You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that’s okay. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams - that’s not okay. We're One Tenable which means however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we encourage you to submit an application if it’s a role you can be passionate about doing every day.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.