Senior Fullstack Software Engineer - Cloud Security
Who is Tenable?
Tenable® is an Exposure Management company. 40,000 organizations around the globe rely on Tenable to understand and reduce cyber risk. Our global employees support 60 percent of the Fortune 500, 40 percent of the Global 2000, and large government agencies. Come be part of our journey!
Tenable Cloud Security was born out of the acquisition of Ermetic, an innovative cloud-native application protection platform (CNAPP) company, and a leading provider of cloud infrastructure entitlement management (CIEM). The acquisition combines two cybersecurity innovators and marks an important milestone in Tenable’s mission to shift organizations to proactive security. The combination of Tenable and Ermetic offerings will add capabilities to deliver market-leading contextual risk visibility, prioritization and remediation across infrastructure and identities, both on-premises and in the cloud.
What makes Tenable such a great place to work?
Ask a team member, and they’ll answer, “Our people!” We work together to build and innovate best-in-class cybersecurity solutions for our customers, all while creating a culture of belonging, respect, and excellence where we can be our best selves. When you’re part of our #OneTenable team, you can expect to partner with some of the most talented and passionate people in the industry, and have the support and resources you need to do work that truly matters. We deliver results that exceed expectations and we win together!
Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for enhancements and new products in the Tenable Cloud Security . Develops software and tools in support of designs. Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, cloud-based or Internet-related computer programs. Using current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes development, and performs testing and debugging of applications.
- Expertly implements designs using modern programming practices
- Obsessed with quality
- Eager to learn
- Should lead/drive software development initiatives
- Participates in/leads design
What You'll Need:
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or a directly related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of software development experience in the
- Experience in object-oriented languages such as Java/C#
- Autodidactic abilities to ramp up quickly on new technologies
- Must have a strong initiative and the ability to work both in a self-directed manner and as part of a team
- Mentor software engineers on the team
- Strong written and verbal communication skillsStrong understanding of a full software development life cycle (SDLC): requirements analysis, design, estimation, development, quality control and unit testing
- Experience with .NET/C#
- Experience developing cloud-based applications for use in Public Cloud environments
- Application development experience on Unix/Linux (Windows a plus)
- Strong understanding of design patterns and data structures
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP protocols, and Unix internal
If you’ve reached this point, and you’re still not sure if you should apply…..Just do it! We’re human and we don’t fit a perfect mold. Having diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives, that’s a good thing! If you’re coming from outside of the cyber industry - great! If you’re looking to try something new - awesome! All we ask is you bring passion to all that you do, crave creativity and innovation, and embrace the hard work of gaining new skills and accepting big challenges.
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or recruiting process, please contact Recruiting@Tenable.com for further assistance.